Trying to duplicate this patch

LoboLives

Trying to duplicate this patch
« on: March 07, 2016, 03:06:02 AM »
Just got a Prophet 6 and love it. I'm really trying to figure out how to duplicate this patch from the Death Wish II soundtrack by Jimmy Page. I sounds like a lot of Glide is being used but it seems to rise very fast and I can't seem to get it to move up that quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Go to 1:00

Re: Trying to duplicate this patch
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 04:34:18 PM »
You'll need to delay the pitch of Osc 1 using Poly-Mod and increasing the Filter Env Attack.
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 03:25:35 AM »
You'll need to delay the pitch of Osc 1 using Poly-Mod and increasing the Filter Env Attack.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

LoboLives

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 10:31:34 AM »
Still having a bit of difficulty. I'm trying to tune the Oscillators apart and that's something I've always had trouble with. Could you recommend any good brass settings for oscillators (What note and number) I was trying to detune them for a "Jump" patch and I couldn't figure it out. I'm new to polyphonic analog synths and while I love the patches I really want to learn to create my own.

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 11:36:53 PM »
Just got a Prophet 6 and love it. I'm really trying to figure out how to duplicate this patch from the Death Wish II soundtrack by Jimmy Page. I sounds like a lot of Glide is being used but it seems to rise very fast and I can't seem to get it to move up that quickly. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't know if you ever got the answer.  It's not glide, it's using the pitch wheel.  Done kind of like bending a guitar string.   
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 04:18:06 PM »

Don't know if you ever got the answer.  It's not glide, it's using the pitch wheel.  Done kind of like bending a guitar string.

Yes I figured it out. It was actually a modified Prophet 5 which had an Oberheim dual bender put on it instead of the pitch/mod wheel. I think I would have better luck using the REV2 trying to emulate it however on the plus side by attempting it with Polymod on the P6 I managed to recreate a synth stab used for Big Trouble In Little China so I’m happy about that.