The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Nord Sample Library for Prophet X?

Nord Sample Library for Prophet X?
« on: July 16, 2019, 08:40:42 PM »
I'm curious, is it possible to convert the samples from the Nord Sample Library to the proper format for the Prophet X?
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

Re: Nord Sample Library for Prophet X?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 03:42:44 AM »
I'm curious, is it possible to convert the samples from the Nord Sample Library to the proper format for the Prophet X?
From what I learned last week probably not legally. Id avoid.

Nokki

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:37:19 PM »
illegal to share yes, but you can download their stuff for free so i cant see any issue if you are able to convert them yourself for personal use... the format is however unique to Nord (.npno) so I cant see any easy way to do this..

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
Just rename the samples, like "Great Imperial" instead of "Grand Imperial"....
I don't think its a problem, if you refrain from using the Nord title in the samples....

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 07:16:37 PM »
Just rename the samples, like "Great Imperial" instead of "Grand Imperial"....
I don't think its a problem, if you refrain from using the Nord title in the samples....

I just mean in terms of actually getting into the proper Prophet X format. I tried to download it and it's just not working in any other type of format so I'm thinking it's not possible.
Prophet 6, Prophet X, Moog Sub 37, Tempest Drum Computer, Roland V Piano, Fender American Stratocaster, Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii, Origin Effects Cali76 and SlideRig compressor, ASUS Zenbook Pro Computer, Soundcraft MTK 22 Mixer, Mark Of The Unicorn Digital Performer 10 Software.

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 02:53:45 AM »
The Nord samples are in their own proprietary file system that only can be played by a Nord keyboard. You would need to have to play back the sound on a Nord Keyboard while sampling it with something that can record to a WAV file that would need to be imported into the PX software.