Sequencer

Sequencer
« on: July 15, 2019, 02:33:39 AM »
Hi,
as a happy owner I have a question regarding the onboard sequencer. If the sequence is running, I can play melodies additional to the running sequence, which is nice. If I want to chance the key of the sequence I push record and simultanously a key of the keyboard. For live playing this means you need both hands. That is very limiting (we just play "I feel love" in a modern version, for this a Prophet 6 bass sequence is perfect ;-) Is there a possibilitie to chance the key of the sequence, just with pressing one key?

Re: Sequencer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:19:42 AM »
Hi,
as a happy owner I have a question regarding the onboard sequencer. If the sequence is running, I can play melodies additional to the running sequence, which is nice. If I want to chance the key of the sequence I push record and simultanously a key of the keyboard. For live playing this means you need both hands. That is very limiting (we just play "I feel love" in a modern version, for this a Prophet 6 bass sequence is perfect ;-) Is there a possibilitie to chance the key of the sequence, just with pressing one key?

I really thing you have a point here.

LoboLives

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »
Hi,

The new OS update allows this on Unison patches. Same with the OB6.

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 07:48:45 AM »
Thatīs great. Thank you. So I will update the OS. I have a question to that. But cause it is a new topic, I start a new thread.

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 02:57:13 AM »
May I ask you all in what sort of context you use the sequencer? I've heard plenty of people rave about it but am yet to find the right use for it and feel like I'm missing something.

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 11:53:59 PM »
May I ask you all in what sort of context you use the sequencer? I've heard plenty of people rave about it but am yet to find the right use for it and feel like I'm missing something.

USE 1:
Record a sequence,

Press Play

Tweak some dials.

USE 2:
Record a sequence

Press Play

Play solo over top of sequence.

USE 2:

Record a Unison sequence.

Press Play.

Alternate between key changes with left hand while you use your right hand to play lead on another synth

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 10:23:28 AM »
I had to go backwards and double-check, but turns out that, yes, this recording is based mainly on P6 sequences. Two tracks in Pro Tools of the repeated 4-chord sequence are sequenced, the remaining bits are twidddled by hand. There's a bit of Evolver in for a moment as well.

As I said in the Your Music thread, this was a demo for a singer in England, but we never got to the track, and as such, it's not overly layered or arranged. Kinda suits it, though! Maybe someday we'll finally tackle the tune.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/dust-demo-for-laima-bite/s-0ljYH