Legato glide

Legato glide
« on: July 12, 2019, 03:24:51 PM »
The rev seems to always glide. Is it possible to have it glide only on legato, that is when 2 keys are pressed simultaneously ?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Legato glide
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 04:01:20 PM »
The rev seems to always glide. Is it possible to have it glide only on legato, that is when 2 keys are pressed simultaneously ?

Yes... enter the "misc" menu... it's the parameter called "Glide Mode"
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 06:50:18 PM »
I think that what Tugdual means is, is it possible to have a glide only when playing legato, and no glide when playing staccato. I don't think that it's possible on the REV2 ?

The Glide Mode only selects how the glide will behave, but it will always be On, no matter how you play notes.

But you can have two different glide speeds for each oscillators though, à la Korg Mono/Poly, which is nice.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 07:20:16 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 02:05:14 AM »
I think that what Tugdual means is, is it possible to have a glide only when playing legato, and no glide when playing staccato. I don't think that it's possible on the REV2 ?

The Glide Mode only selects how the glide will behave, but it will always be On, no matter how you play notes.

But you can have two different glide speeds for each oscillators though, à la Korg Mono/Poly, which is nice.

Yes it is possible, the Glide Mode has four settings... a rate based and a time based glide that you can set with this parameter, and also two more that are the same as the two I just mentioned, but with legato playing style :)

The legato modes are those with an "A" added to the parameter name.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 02:08:00 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 01:43:32 PM »

Yes it is possible, the Glide Mode has four settings... a rate based and a time based glide that you can set with this parameter, and also two more that are the same as the two I just mentioned, but with legato playing style :)

The legato modes are those with an "A" added to the parameter name.

Ah ! I should have looked more closely at those parameters.  :-[
Thanks for pointing that out !
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 06:16:46 AM »
Got it thanks guys.
Too bad we have to use the slew gated sequencer to have nice tie glide effect though. The subsequent is much better for that.

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 09:17:56 PM »
Is this working only in unison mode? I tried the fixed rate A with no unison (poly)...and it does not work...am I doing something wrong?

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 11:35:35 AM »
I can't get it to work in polyphonic mode either unless I have 2 voices stacked. My guess is that it could be a bug. I wish there was an easier way to get Prophet 6 style polyphonic glide on the Rev 2. I have a 16 voice so the work around doesn't bother me too much, but I'm thinking of those of you who only have an 8 voice.