Running out of hard drive space :/

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
Re: Running out of hard drive space :/
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2019, 12:20:37 AM »
My mother passed away yesterday. Peacefully in her sleep fortunately.

I will not be doing any experimentation for the next week or so.
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

laurentluigi

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »
sincere condolences.

jg666

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2019, 03:28:15 AM »
Condolences and best wishes from me too.
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2019, 03:30:36 AM »
I'm so sorry to hear that, Gerry.

Shaw

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2019, 06:18:38 AM »
My sincere condolences to you and your family. May her blessed soul Rest In Peace.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

drxcm

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 05:02:08 PM »
With the new Moog One pack that Shaw has released, I'm feeling short of space.

Has anyone actually contacted Sequential about this to see what's possible?  I'm sure the official line will be no, but hopefully support can say whether it is technically possible with the OS and hardware in it's current form.

Really hope there is a pathway for more HD space on the Prophet X, even if it means voiding warranty (which I'm out of now anyway).

Nokki

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2020, 05:35:42 AM »
Any change of this ever happening? :/

Nokki

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2020, 05:38:16 AM »

I am sure everybody who owns a Prophet X would love a bigger dive, 50GB is a lot but with all the add on packs in the community it would be awesome to have all of them in the device and not have to choose what to keep in there and what not :)

Nokki

« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2020, 10:48:26 AM »

I am sure everybody who owns a Prophet X would love a bigger dive, 50GB is a lot but with all the add on packs in the community it would be awesome to have all of them in the device and not have to choose what to keep in there and what not :)

I am obviously reffering/hoping for a official release from sequential about getting a bigger hard drive :)

LoboLives

« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »

I am obviously reffering/hoping for a official release from sequential about getting a bigger hard drive :)

I think the Prophet X has left a bad taste in the mouth of Sequential. I really don’t see them doing much more with it.

J_P_P

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2020, 06:49:21 PM »

I think the Prophet X has left a bad taste in the mouth of Sequential. I really don’t see them doing much more with it.

What i find strange is the lack of 8dio Packs !!!

They have four sample  Bancks available to them, and even if you donwload all their banks, you will only use the 1st Bnack, and 16 slots of 128 of Bank 2... ::)

« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2020, 04:21:50 AM »

I guess the Official 8-dio sample import tool still being in Beta since December 2018 does really help its image either.
Prophet X. Prophet 12 Module. Prophet 6 Module. Ob-6 Module. Trigon-6 Module. Eventide H9000R (x2). Tegeler Audio Schwerkraftmaschine / Raumzeitmaschine / Creme RC (x3). Bettermaker Mastering Limiter, Mastering EQ, Mastering Compressor. Avid S3.
Mac Studio. Logic.

LoboLives

« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »

They have four sample  Bancks available to them, and even if you donwload all their banks, you will only use the 1st Bnack, and 16 slots of 128 of Bank 2... ::)

I think 8Dio's support for the PX at this point is vaporware.

J_P_P

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2020, 04:23:47 PM »

Yeah...very disapointing... :-\

LoboLives

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2020, 04:33:50 PM »

Yeah...very disapointing... :-\

Kind of makes me wonder what would have happened if Sequential partnered up with Nord instead of 8Dio

Nokki

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2020, 01:56:18 PM »
I do not agree, all the 8dio sample packs have been really good apart from the T8, - i do agree that they should have relased alot more packs and not just synths, but what they have made so far is good.

That is not the issue, the issue is that the prophet x needs and is clearly build for a bigger hard drive than 50gb user samples.

Sequential, please... :)

LoboLives

« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2020, 04:43:09 PM »
I do not agree, all the 8dio sample packs have been really good apart from the T8, - i do agree that they should have relased alot more packs and not just synths, but what they have made so far is good.

That is not the issue, the issue is that the prophet x needs and is clearly build for a bigger hard drive than 50gb user samples.

Not....

Gonna.....

Happen.

Shaw

« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2020, 05:09:33 PM »

Not....

Gonna.....

Happen.

Probably not from Sequential, no.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2020, 05:22:46 PM »

Not....

Gonna.....

Happen.

Unless it can be demonstrated that replacing the factory drive doesn’t harm the machine I wouldn’t even entertain the thought.

Shaw

« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2020, 05:27:28 PM »

Not....

Gonna.....

Happen.

Unless it can be demonstrated that replacing the factory drive doesn’t harm the machine I wouldn’t even entertain the thought.

It’s just an off the shelf hard drive connected to a mother board just like millions of hard drives in North America... the tricky part is the OS and file system.