Luigi's Wavetables and Texture Samples

Shaw

Luigi's Wavetables and Texture Samples
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
Luigi ("laurentluigi" on this forum) sent me some samples for the Prophet X which I have posted online for folks to download:  http://modulatable.com/Repository/

I haven't tried these yet, but there appear to be quite a few samples in these PX Instruments.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

laurentluigi

Re: Luigi's Wavetables and Texture Samples
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 11:17:17 AM »
These samples are great as waveform modulation source, or using "granular" while moving the Center Sample or what you want!!!
It's a kind of Swiss knife!

4 more to come for the community

Sorry if the stuff is not perfect in quality or even in taste....
Have mercy 😋 it's just music!!!

Good night everyone.

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »
These samples are great as waveform modulation source, or using "granular" while moving the Center Sample or what you want!!!

Good night everyone.
I tried to open the zip file, but I am asked for a password...

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »
Works fine for me. Thank you for posting!

laurentluigi

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 02:30:24 PM »
😊
The files are ready to feed the Px.

That's the folder architecture :
(that's an example, you can choose the destination you wish)
>Px
>u00
>01 Ambiance
>wavetable

Shaw

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:45:56 PM »

Good night everyone.
That’s the file you load into the PX.
It’s asking for a password because it was created with 8dio’s utility, but your PX can open it.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:39:39 PM »

Good night everyone.
It’s asking for a password because it was created with 8dio’s utility, but your PX can open it.
Thanks. The file structure of this utility is far from intuitive. Managed to create the proper folders and place the files into them, but didnt realize I had to rename each instrument since all of them were labeled 02. Did this, and tried to repeat the procedure again, only to find that the X suddenly wont recognize the USB stick which it updated from only 10 minutes previously, and turning the unit on and off does not solve the issue. I cant even reformat the USB stick since it claims there is no USB stick in there. The Mac recognizes it as always.

I love the X to death, but this sample loading procedure drives me nuts.

Shaw

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 02:17:51 PM »

Good night everyone.
Thanks. The file structure of this utility is far from intuitive. Managed to create the proper folders and place the files into them, but didnt realize I had to rename each instrument since all of them were labeled 02. Did this, and tried to repeat the procedure again, only to find that the X suddenly wont recognize the USB stick which it updated from only 10 minutes previously, and turning the unit on and off does not solve the issue. I cant even reformat the USB stick since it claims there is no USB stick in there. The Mac recognizes it as always.

I love the X to death, but this sample loading procedure drives me nuts.

I feel your pain.  As I point out, Luigi is using the 8dio utility which is far from perfect. It’s almost shameful.

Anyway, I’m not sure if you can rename / renumber these sample sets. I feel pretty certain that you can move them to different folders, but renaming / renumbering might not be possible.

As for your USB drive, re-format it on your Mac, then re-format it in your PX.  That should get you rolling again.

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 02:30:24 PM »
Anyway, I’m not sure if you can rename / renumber these sample sets. I feel pretty certain that you can move them to different folders, but renaming / renumbering might not be possible.

Lady Gaia's px-renumber utility can do the renumbering.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

laurentluigi

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 02:40:11 PM »
Miss Lady Gaia is really the One and only!!!!
Sorry guys, I've mad those Wavetable before she released the Px Tool....
I should take the time to manage everything, but 24 hours in a day is definitely too short!!!!

Shaw

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 10:16:06 AM »
Luigi's Samples have been renumbered 02 through 15 (so they can all be loaded at the same time) and can all be downloaded in one .zip file (2GB in size) -- http://modulatable.com/Repository/

Thanks to Lady Gaia for the PX-Renumber utility!
And thanks to Luigi for the Samples!

Enjoy!

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
These are great btw - thank you