Sub Oscillator only working on 7 of 8 voices

CPN37

Sub Oscillator only working on 7 of 8 voices
« on: June 23, 2019, 11:02:14 AM »
I’ve noticed an issue with my new Rev2, and I wondered if anyone else can recreate the problem.

If I start with an initial patch and set Osc 1 to sawtooth wave and Osc 2 to Off, the Osc Mix knob all the way to 2, and the Sub Oscillator all the way up so I can hear it fully, in polyphonic mode when I press a note 8 times only 7 of them sound. In other words it seems one of the voices on my Rev2 is not sounding the Sub Oscillator.

I’ve emailed support about this so will see what they say but wondered if this was an issue anyone else had come across?
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com

Re: Sub Oscillator only working on 7 of 8 voices
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »
I've done the test on my 16 voice REV2, and all the sub-oscillators on all the voices sound. Perhaps you have indeed a dead sub-oscillator in your REV2 ?
I'm sure that Sequential support will be of help to you. Keep us posted ?
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

CPN37

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 12:48:52 AM »
Thanks Alain, support have been prompt to respond and are sending out a replacement main PC board for me to swap out the old one. I’ll keep you posted how I get on, apparently it’s a fairly easy process.
Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 10:22:05 AM »
I just had some weirdness with my sub oscillator last night. It suddenly got very thin sounding all by itself while playing a sound I was working on. I thought it wasn't sounding at all but when I turned everything else down there it was. It sounded like a square wave with the PW set to 99%. No bass at all.

I unplugged all the midi and usb and calibrated. I had to run the calibration routines twice to bring it back. So far so good though I haven't played it yet today. The last 2 days were the first really warm days here in the studio. Even though it's a DCO I think the temperature swing had something to do with it. We'll see.

Good luck with your sub oscillator issue!

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:23:55 AM by RobustAmerican »

CPN37

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:48:54 AM »
Just an update on this. Sequential were prompt to deal with the issue and sent out a replacement main board which I’ve installed and all is working as it should now.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 03:14:02 PM »
Thanks for the follow up. Glad that your issue was resolved. 👍
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340