Pro 2 paraphony request.

Pro 2 paraphony request.
« on: July 01, 2019, 03:16:41 PM »
Hi!
Loved the Prophet 8, love the pro2 and the tempest! Amazing instruments.

I used to play the sub37 as my main bass synth but i sold it because it wasn’t reliable in a live situation at all. Now i have the Pro2 and I’m crazy about what it can do. The only thing i miss is the paraphonic behaviour of the sub37.
I would love, in addition to the already existing mode a mode where the priority works like this=
all osc are unison when one key is pressed and that the 2nd and 3rd osc “breaks free” when two keys are pressed. Like a two note paraphony. It would be FAT!

Maybe a trigger and legato mode would be nice for the gating in both paraphonic modes as well. (The envelope only triggers at the first key press.

Is that even possible?
Do you take requests at this time?

Regards!

Re: Pro 2 paraphony request.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 05:57:39 AM »
Would definately be a useful feature, especially while using different waveshapes on the osc.
Am doubtful tho, that anything will be added to this instrument, since its out of production now, there`s no point for Sequential investing time into it any further.

For me it comes down to improvise with the features and modulation possibilities you have at hand.
Trying to replicate functions or sounds of other synths is fun at first, but to me it made the pro2 feel more like a tool and less then a instrument in itself. Up to preference it can be used as both of course. I just start liking it more as an completely individual instrument.

To achieve the 2note paraphony you could try splitting the oscillators onto the filters, while regulating the cutoff via aftertouch/velocity/modwheel cutting voices/osc in and out at certain frequencies.
I think with dc offset to note number modulating osc lvl`s 1&2 u can emulate a split keyboard effect, where the higher register plays 4 voices and the lower only 2.

The 16 modulation sources give you an enourmos amount of performative control.

cheers

Catfax

• Synths are good
    • catfax
Re: Pro 2 paraphony request.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »
It would be a cool feature to see.. but yeah not super likely at this point. Heck we have super waves as it is which can sound huge. But yeah it wouldn't hurt to have the option.. I guess you would maybe want to turn off the per voice envelopes for that mode though as it would need to cut off tails for single notes. Personally if we only got one option I think we got the right one, especially with super waves as an option with digital oscillators.