Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack

sofine

Re: Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2020, 02:32:12 PM »
I am having difficulty getting the renumbering utility to work. I think I understand the commands and relationship between samples, banks, presets etc. However, I am wondering how to run the actual program. Do I copy the exe to the folder where the syx file is and open cmd.exe, navigate to that folder and then enter the commands?

BTW, thanks to the fantastic community here for creating these tools and sharing wisdom :)

Shaw

« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2020, 02:59:27 PM »
I am having difficulty getting the renumbering utility to work. I think I understand the commands and relationship between samples, banks, presets etc. However, I am wondering how to run the actual program. Do I copy the exe to the folder where the syx file is and open cmd.exe, navigate to that folder and then enter the commands?

BTW, thanks to the fantastic community here for creating these tools and sharing wisdom :)

If you're talking about the presets for the Replicants sample pack, you shouldn't need to use the renumbering utility.   I have already created 32 versions of the presets bank to cover every possible iteration of user preset banks and user sample banks (4 user preset banks x 8 user sample banks = 32 possibilities).

If you have updated to the latest firmware which opens up more User Sample Banks, I will release a download for the presets that account for all those new locations, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

sofine

« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2020, 12:19:46 AM »

If you're talking about the presets for the Replicants sample pack, you shouldn't need to use the renumbering utility.   I have already created 32 versions of the presets bank to cover every possible iteration of user preset banks and user sample banks (4 user preset banks x 8 user sample banks = 32 possibilities).

If you have updated to the latest firmware which opens up more User Sample Banks, I will release a download for the presets that account for all those new locations, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

Hi Shaw, no, I already have your super Replicants pack installed on my PX in U3 and sample slot 8! The challenge I am facing is to install the Goldbaby PPG, which defaults to U4 and sample slot 8. I was trying to avoid reinstalling your Replicants samples again and change the PPG samples to sample slot 4. I have installed the PPG samples to the PX (in slot 4) but I can't seem to get the renumbering utility to change the PPG syx file to look for the sample in slot 4 rather than 8.

It is most certainly user error on my side, I'm just wondering what the steps are to launch the renumbering program, file locations etc.

« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2020, 08:40:03 AM »

Hi Shaw, no, I already have your super Replicants pack installed on my PX in U3 and sample slot 8! The challenge I am facing is to install the Goldbaby PPG, which defaults to U4 and sample slot 8. I was trying to avoid reinstalling your Replicants samples again and change the PPG samples to sample slot 4. I have installed the PPG samples to the PX (in slot 4) but I can't seem to get the renumbering utility to change the PPG syx file to look for the sample in slot 4 rather than 8.

It is most certainly user error on my side, I'm just wondering what the steps are to launch the renumbering program, file locations etc.

I'm not near a Windows box to verify, but I'll try to help. If the px-preset-sample-renumber.exe is in the same directory as the example-presets-u8-samples.syx (the PPG .syx), then open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe), cd to that directory, and run:
Code: [Select]
px-preset-sample-renumber.exe -f U8 -t U4 -o example-presets-u4-samples.syx example-presets-u8-samples.syx

That should renumber references to U8 samples to now reference U4 samples. The new filename (after the -o option) is the .syx that should hopefully work. Hope that makes sense.

If you still have issues or want me to try, send me a note and I can renumber it and verify the conversion happened.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

sofine

« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2020, 02:37:14 AM »

I'm not near a Windows box to verify, but I'll try to help. If the px-preset-sample-renumber.exe is in the same directory as the example-presets-u8-samples.syx (the PPG .syx), then open the Command Prompt (cmd.exe), cd to that directory, and run:
Code: [Select]
px-preset-sample-renumber.exe -f U8 -t U4 -o example-presets-u4-samples.syx example-presets-u8-samples.syx

That should renumber references to U8 samples to now reference U4 samples. The new filename (after the -o option) is the .syx that should hopefully work. Hope that makes sense.

If you still have issues or want me to try, send me a note and I can renumber it and verify the conversion happened.

Thanks a mill Jeff! I've realised that I had the order of the names of the original and new syx files in the wrong order. All good now. I appreciate your help, and of course, the renumbering tool!

« Reply #85 on: March 13, 2020, 09:17:20 AM »
This is great stuff! Thanks for all of your guidance and help Shaw!

Shaw

« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2020, 09:39:58 AM »
This is great stuff! Thanks for all of your guidance and help Shaw!

Glad you like... Enjoy!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »
Hey man.  I downloaded these.  They sound amazing! Thanks for your time and effort on these.  I know how long and difficult sampling can be!

Shaw

« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2020, 03:48:34 PM »
Hey man.  I downloaded these.  They sound amazing! Thanks for your time and effort on these.  I know how long and difficult sampling can be!
Glad you like them... Enjoy!

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2020, 04:43:49 PM »
Hi, when I try to download the Replicants Samples on the modulate.com page, I get a 404 not found error on the full sample pack and the smaller zip files also.
OB6 desktop x2, DSI Rev2 16, Toraiz AS-1, Prophet 12, Pro 2, Vermona 14, Roland System 8, Matrixbrute, Jomox Sunsyn MKII

Shaw

« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2020, 05:08:47 PM »
Hi, when I try to download the Replicants Samples on the modulate.com page, I get a 404 not found error on the full sample pack and the smaller zip files also.
Everything is there and working. Try deleting your browser cache.

« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2020, 06:11:28 AM »
Thank you Shaw, this helped.
OB6 desktop x2, DSI Rev2 16, Toraiz AS-1, Prophet 12, Pro 2, Vermona 14, Roland System 8, Matrixbrute, Jomox Sunsyn MKII

Shaw

« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2020, 06:16:26 AM »
Thank you Shaw, this helped.
Excellent, enjoy!

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2021, 05:39:31 PM »
Is the site no longer online? http://modulatable.com/Deckards_Dream/
Domain expired according to google. :(

« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2021, 05:21:28 PM »
I'm wondering if Shaw would be amenable to having a user on this forum share a copy of Deckards_Dream with me. I'm relatively new to the PX and missed my chance at downloading it from his web page.

Cheers,

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

Shaw

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2021, 05:43:38 PM »
Anyone wanting the Deckards Dream samples, just email me at modulatable.synthesis@gmail.com

I’m happy to share.

« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2021, 06:09:20 PM »
Cool! Emailing now.

Cheers,

Ketih
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2021, 05:54:39 AM »
Big Thank you to Shaw for generously sending me the Deckards Dream files :)
Tim

« Reply #98 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:37 AM »
Tim

Same here. Thanks Shaw.

Keith

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2021, 10:11:34 AM »
Tim

Same here. Thanks Shaw.

Keith
hi, can anyone send me here,please?try to send an email to Shaw, but no answer.
mysticandquantum @ gmail.com
thanks!