laurentluigi

Re: Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2019, 06:43:40 AM »
Hello everyone,

Samples Dowloaded (Finally...)
Samples installed.....

One word....

HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!

For all the Px users ... this is a "must have" !!!!!!

Mr Shaw, again, i would like to thank You !!!!

If someone had a idea how to tip Mr Shaw "ClassMan" !!!!
I'm in !!

Back to Px.

Bye everyone !

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 11:10:46 AM »
*** Special thanks to "ComposerJK" on the Sequential forum for creating a command line utility for redirecting banks of presets.

[ Some other deadlines caused a little delay on releasing this command-line tool, though I did manage to make adjustments in time for the Deckard's Dream release. ]

Here's the alpha test release v0.1 of px-preset-sample-renumber to renumber the sample groups in a Prophet X/XL SysEx Program Data dump .syx file. There are macOS and Windows binaries. Let me know if you might want to use this on a different system, e.g., some version of Unix, and I'll see about adding a build for it.

Using the example of Deckard's Dream presets stored in UserBank4-SampleU8.syx (presets in U4, samples in sample group U8), to create a .syx with the presets referencing the samples in group U5, one would run the following command from a Terminal/shell/command window:

Code: [Select]
:; ./px-preset-sample-renumber -f 8 -t 5 -o UserBank4-SampleU5.syx UserBank4-SampleU8.syx

[ The :; is just a Terminal/shell prompt. ]

If the filename specified with the -o argument, e.g., UserBank4-SampleU5.syx, already exists, the program will exit, as it won't overwrite an existing file. There are also optional arguments to only show the summary of changes, -s, or to be quiet entirely, -q.

The bank numbers to the from (-f) and to (-t) arguments should be as the user sees, a number from 1 to 8. The -o output filename option specifies the output file. Those arguments and the input filename are all required.

I'll also add (or as a separate tool) a way to renumber preset banks.

Hope this makes sense and helps some folk. Let me know if you have any questions.

When more tools are available, I'll move this one to a separate page on https://synthmanage.com. For now, it lives at the top level of the site, partially due to being thrown together, quickly.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2019, 01:04:27 AM »
Thanks so much for doing this—can't wait to try it out.

Could save me hours of work!

Regards

*** Special thanks to "ComposerJK" on the Sequential forum for creating a command line utility for redirecting banks of presets.

[ Some other deadlines caused a little delay on releasing this command-line tool, though I did manage to make adjustments in time for the Deckard's Dream release. ]

Here's the alpha test release v0.1 of px-preset-sample-renumber to renumber the sample groups in a Prophet X/XL SysEx Program Data dump .syx file. There are macOS and Windows binaries. Let me know if you might want to use this on a different system, e.g., some version of Unix, and I'll see about adding a build for it.

Using the example of Deckard's Dream presets stored in UserBank4-SampleU8.syx (presets in U4, samples in sample group U8), to create a .syx with the presets referencing the samples in group U5, one would run the following command from a Terminal/shell/command window:

:; ./px-preset-sample-renumber -f 8 -t 5 -o UserBank4-SampleU5.syx UserBank4-SampleU8.syx

[ The :; is just a Terminal/shell prompt. ]

If the filename specified with the -o argument, e.g., UserBank4-SampleU5.syx, already exists, the program will exit, as it won't overwrite an existing file. There are also optional arguments to only show the summary of changes, -s, or to be quiet entirely, -q.

The bank numbers to the from (-f) and to (-t) arguments should be as the user sees, a number from 1 to 8. The -o output filename option specifies the output file. Those arguments and the input filename are all required.

I'll also add (or as a separate tool) a way to renumber preset banks.

Hope this makes sense and helps some folk. Let me know if you have any questions.

When more tools are available, I'll move this one to a separate page on https://synthmanage.com. For now, it lives at the top level of the site, partially due to being thrown together, quickly.

« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2019, 08:10:39 AM »
Thanks so much for doing this—can't wait to try it out.

Could save me hours of work!

I also just added the following example-script.sh to the px-preset-sample-renumber package. It is similar to what I did to process Shaw's Deckard's Dream presets. Though, at the time, I just quickly typed the code within the shell command-line. Perhaps it'll be useful. I could also generalize it, further, if desired.

#!/bin/bash
#
# Sample script, part of px-preset-sample-renumber tool.
# --Jeff Kellem, @composerjk
# https://synthmanage.com/
#
# Example Bash script to process multiple Prophet X/XL SysEx Program Data
# dump files with px-preset-sample-renumber to renumber the referenced
# sample banks.
#
# Assumptions in this example:
#    UserBankX.syx == programs/presets stored in UX, e.g., U1
#    and has at least some presets referencing sample group U8 samples.
#
# This code will create UserBank1-SampleU1.syx through UserBank4-SampleU7.syx
# renumbers any referenced U8 sample group samples to each matching SampleUx
# group x.
# For example UserBank2-SampleU5.syx will have:
#   - programs/presets in U2
#   - sample groups that were U8 in the original UserBank2.syx will
#     now be referenced as U5 in those programs/presets.
#
for f in UserBank[1234].syx
do
   for n in {1..7}
   do
      px-preset-sample-renumber -f 8 -t $n -o ${f%%.syx}-SampleU${n}.syx $f
      done
   done

blewis

« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2019, 09:53:43 AM »
I’m wondering out loud about the -f from argument. Why is it needed? Seems the main objective is where I want to move the preset too. Where it came from doesn’t seem to matter and if I’ve got a random sysex file, I might not even know.

Edit: ah, you’re using it to find out what folder the samples to be moved are currently located in.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 09:56:38 AM by blewis »

« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2019, 10:16:27 AM »
I’m wondering out loud about the -f from argument. Why is it needed? Seems the main objective is where I want to move the preset too. Where it came from doesn’t seem to matter and if I’ve got a random sysex file, I might not even know.

Edit: ah, you’re using it to find out what folder the samples to be moved are currently located in.

The presets/programs in the Program Data .syx file might reference samples in other groups, not just U8, but Factory, Add-On, or other User sample groups. So, those get ignored. Only the sample group references indicated by -f N are renumbered.

Shaw

« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2019, 10:23:44 AM »
The presets/programs in the Program Data .syx file might reference samples in other groups, not just U8, but Factory, Add-On, or other User sample groups. So, those get ignored. Only the sample group references indicated by -f N are renumbered.
I’m glad you thought that through... I used a few Factory Samples in the presets I made for the Deckards Dream samples.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

blewis

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2019, 10:49:01 AM »
Thank you. Got it now. Didn’t think of the “hands off” for samples I don’t want to move.

Thanks for your effort!

Shaw

« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2019, 11:06:01 PM »
Hey gang,

I resampled these to get cleaner sounding samples, and I renamed the pack to "Replicants" in case Black Corporation wants to be bullish on the name "Deckard's Dream".

It's all available here:  http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

The sample pack has slimmed down a bit to around 18GB.  I have divided the download into 20 smaller zip files for easier downloading.  And I tweaked some of the presets (also available at the link above). Most of the presets are the same, so if you've done your own preset tweaking and don't want to trying combining banks, you probably don't need to download the new presets.   Most of them are the same, and the ones that were tweaked were only done so slightly.   One exception:  there is a new sample instrument (10 Keyboards // 86. SF) and there is a preset buried somewhere in the 256 that uses that new sample instrument.

Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcomed.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »
Shaw

I didn't suppose you could put up the whole lot as a single file again as well?

That worked for me.

I understand if you'd rather not!

Once again, thanks for these.

Hey gang,

I resampled these to get cleaner sounding samples, and I renamed the pack to "Replicants" in case Black Corporation wants to be bullish on the name "Deckard's Dream".

It's all available here:  http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

The sample pack has slimmed down a bit to around 18GB.  I have divided the download into 20 smaller zip files for easier downloading.  And I tweaked some of the presets (also available at the link above). Most of the presets are the same, so if you've done your own preset tweaking and don't want to trying combining banks, you probably don't need to download the new presets.   Most of them are the same, and the ones that were tweaked were only done so slightly.   One exception:  there is a new sample instrument (10 Keyboards // 86. SF) and there is a preset buried somewhere in the 256 that uses that new sample instrument.

Enjoy, and as always, feedback welcomed.

Shaw

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2019, 01:15:29 PM »
Shaw

That worked for me.
I don't mind doing that...  It will just take a little time for me to upload the file.
Will update when done.

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2019, 01:21:57 PM »
Lovely! Thanks.

Stephen

Shaw

That worked for me.
I don't mind doing that...  It will just take a little time for me to upload the file.
Will update when done.

Shaw

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2019, 05:36:15 PM »
For those preferring one large downloadable file for the Replicants samples, it's now available online:  http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

Enjoy!

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2019, 01:02:01 AM »
Thanks!

Regards

For those preferring one large downloadable file for the Replicants samples, it's now available online:  http://modulatable.com/Replicants/

Enjoy!

Shaw

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:58 AM »
Hey gang,

I wasn’t getting a good enough download / upload speed from the servers modulatable.com was hosted with, so I migrated the site to Amazon AWS servers.  I’m seeing much better download / upload speeds from my location (Eastern half of the U.S.), and others have commented that they are getting much faster downloads from the West coast of the U.S.

Anyone who may have given up in frustration, please retry. The Amazon servers are about as good as exist. 

When you go to the download page, you’ll know you’re on the new server if you see a yellow banner saying that I’ve moved the site to Amazon AWS servers.  If you don’t see the yellow banner, check back in a day.  Sometimes it takes a while for server changes to propagate through systems... and you may need to clear your web browsers cache.

Cheers, enjoy, and as always, feedback is welcomed!

blewis

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2019, 10:06:26 AM »
I downloaded the raw samples and installed them yesterday/last night. I haven’t lodes the presets yet. But browsing through the raw samples, you’ve done an amazing job! Lots of samples, some with several layers, reasonable looping from what I can tell.

Fantastic. You’re a rock star dude.

You mentioned how you got stereo-ish samples from the mono output before. Can you talk about that again please?

Shaw

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2019, 11:45:15 AM »
I downloaded the raw samples and installed them yesterday/last night. I haven’t lodes the presets yet. But browsing through the raw samples, you’ve done an amazing job! Lots of samples, some with several layers, reasonable looping from what I can tell.

You mentioned how you got stereo-ish samples from the mono output before. Can you talk about that again please?
I hope you take the time to load the presets.  I think there are some really nice hidden gems in there, and great starting points for creating sounds.

As for getting stereo samples, I primarily used the Deckard's Dream Expander -- a mono in, stereo out analog effects rack with Ring Modulator, Chorus, Tremolo, Delay, and Reverb.  I found that using just a touch of effects did a nice jog of spreading out the sound.  A touch of chorus and Reverb (hardly enough to even notice) just did some magic on a lot of sounds.  For a few of the samples I used an Eventide Harmonizer just to create a bit of a stereo image, but most of the samples, I used the Deckard's Expander.

I think in my next project will use the Eventide box more.

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

I hope you take the time to load the presets.  I think there are some really nice hidden gems in there, and great starting points for creating sounds.

As for getting stereo samples, I primarily used the Deckard's Dream Expander -- a mono in, stereo out analog effects rack with Ring Modulator, Chorus, Tremolo, Delay, and Reverb.  I found that using just a touch of effects did a nice jog of spreading out the sound.  A touch of chorus and Reverb (hardly enough to even notice) just did some magic on a lot of sounds.  For a few of the samples I used an Eventide Harmonizer just to create a bit of a stereo image, but most of the samples, I used the Deckard's Expander.

Shaw,

Just wow. I don't know what you did to make these all sound that much better, but you did a great job. It was really good before, but it is beyond outstanding now. I mean jaw dropping good stuff. Thank you.

Shaw

« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2019, 03:39:50 PM »

Shaw,

Just wow. I don't know what you did to make these all sound that much better, but you did a great job. It was really good before, but it is beyond outstanding now. I mean jaw dropping good stuff. Thank you.
Thanks for the compliment.  Glad you’re enjoying them.

In a word, I was much more careful in gain-staging my sampling this time around.  I had previously underestimated how much the process of normalizing samples could exacerbate the noisiest of the Deckards output.  So this time around, my recorded samples are damned near normalized in their original form... Most needing less than 2 dB to be reach normalization, and very few needing more than 4 dB.

That made all the difference in the world.

« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
All, I feel I'm missing something when trying to install Replicants. Here are my steps so far:

1. Downloaded the samples and presets - success
2. Copied the px folder to a formatted USB drive - success
3. Added the presets to the px folder - success
4. Connected the USB drive to the Prophet X, pressed te appropriate update - failure. It didn't see the files.
5. Tried various versions of folder names, presets, put the preset in all subfolders... nothing.

What am I missing? The 8Dio add-on worked, so it's not a hardware failure or anything.