Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack

Shaw

Re: Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2019, 05:57:17 AM »
How does this solve the problem of samples though? The presets will still surely need to see the samples at specific locations within a bank and if you, or another vendor already has samples there, the problems remain.
The problem would be solved since:

1) you can load samples into any of the 8 user sample banks by simply changing in the folder on your usb drive (u07, u06, u05...)

and

2) preset banks once made can be easily converted to all iterations (8 user sample banks x 4 user preset banks = 32 possible combinations). Ideally, anyone making presets for their samples would provide 32 .syx files all zipped together in one file for download, then the end user can just choose the one that suits their needs.

For example, you want to use the Deckards Dream samples in user sample bank 5 and have the presets in user preset bank 3.  Simply change the name of the sample folder on the USB drive from “u07” to “u04” (which is sample bank 5), then load the corresponding presets .syx on your Prophet X.  I would use an easy naming scheme for the preset banks — for example, “DeckardsDream_S5_P3.syx”

Not so cumbersome, and imminently flexible.

"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2019, 06:58:40 AM »
How does this solve the problem of samples though? The presets will still surely need to see the samples at specific locations within a bank and if you, or another vendor already has samples there, the problems remain.

1) you can load samples into any of the 8 user sample banks by simply changing in the folder on your usb drive (u07, u06, u05...)

and

2) preset banks once made can be easily converted to all iterations (8 user sample banks x 4 user preset banks = 32 possible combinations). Ideally, anyone making presets for their samples would provide 32 .syx files all zipped together in one file for download, then the end user can just choose the one that suits their needs.

For example, you want to use the Deckards Dream samples in user sample bank 5 and have the presets in user preset bank 3.  Simply change the name of the sample folder on the USB drive from “u07” to “u04” (which is sample bank 5), then load the corresponding presets .syx on your Prophet X.  I would use an easy naming scheme for the preset banks — for example, “DeckardsDream_S5_P3.syx”

This is rad. Been waiting to install until all is sorted and I can do it all in one go, but I am excited. These sound great and I love everything you showcased in the brief demo video. Definitely a unique flavor for the X and since I will never own a CS-80 and highly unlikely to have a Deckard's Dream this is the next best thing.

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 07:59:42 AM »

and

Might be being dumb here (it happens!), but ...

But how does that overcome the problem of the positions of the samples themselves in the banks? How do the presets know which sample numbers to use?

For example I may have to put the DD samples in bank 2 location 50-70 because every other location is filled.

Or are you assuming all samples will start from 02. ? Moving existing sample numbers using LG's program will cause all other presets to lose their parent/child connections.

Stephen

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:02:50 AM by StephenJamesBennett »

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2019, 08:10:02 PM »
I don't think any of us know how to thank you enough. I think you should add a link to tip you on the site. This is so generous! Very very muxh appreciated and couldn't have picked a cooler synth to do it with IMO.

Shaw

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »
I don't think any of us know how to thank you enough. I think you should add a link to tip you on the site. This is so generous! Very very muxh appreciated and couldn't have picked a cooler synth to do it with IMO.
Thank you for the compliment, and enjoy.

Note to all: I’m on track to have the Presets finished and available tomorrow night.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 01:28:27 AM »

I agree—there seems to be a great community building up here. Thanks to those who take the time to create tools for the X.

LG's software has already saved me hours of work.

Stephen

Shaw

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »
The Presets are available here:  http://modulatable.com/Deckards_Dream/

There are 256 Presets in one User bank (both A and B layers of all 128 preset locations).

One small .zip file contains the presets file for each of the 4 User Banks so you can choose where you want to put them.   And yes, hopefully you'll be able to move the samples to another User Sample bank and have the presets redirected to the new sample locations -- ComposerJK is graciously working on a utility for that.

Going Forward....
There are some samples in this pack that I want to redo, and since some folks have had some problems downloading the extremely large sample file, as I re-sample the instrument, I will upload smaller zip files as updates to the original... 500 to 600 MB or so each file. These smaller files will contain all sample instruments that were in the original file (or their updated versions), so those who were unable to download the original large file will still be able to download everything. Hopefully that will solve the issue of some people not being able to download the samples. 

Enjoy!

laurentluigi

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 12:50:05 AM »
That's super class !!!

Thank You very much !!!

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 01:05:44 AM »

There are 256 Presets in one User bank (both A and B layers of all 128 preset locations).

One small .zip file contains the presets file for each of the 4 User Banks so you can choose where you want to put them.   And yes, hopefully you'll be able to move the samples to another User Sample bank and have the presets redirected to the new sample locations -- ComposerJK is graciously working on a utility for that.

Going Forward....
There are some samples in this pack that I want to redo, and since some folks have had some problems downloading the extremely large sample file, as I re-sample the instrument, I will upload smaller zip files as updates to the original... 500 to 600 MB or so each file. These smaller files will contain all sample instruments that were in the original file (or their updated versions), so those who were unable to download the original large file will still be able to download everything. Hopefully that will solve the issue of some people not being able to download the samples. 

Enjoy!

Thanks again—these sound superb. Do let us know if you decide to add a donate button.

Stephen

Nokki

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2019, 04:15:46 AM »

Going Forward....

Enjoy!

This only works if you have the samples in User 8 right? :)

Thank you for everything! - the samples are amazing!

Nokki

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2019, 05:58:53 AM »
Also, the samples in the Keyboard section have a lot of the same names as the synth samples but at the end of each name there is the Letter ´W´

What is the difference between the samples in the synth and keyboard banks that have the same name? :)

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2019, 06:39:29 AM »

For the ones Shaw posted, yesterday, that's correct. Last night, I sent copies of those presets renumbered to reference each of the other sample group slots. So, I'm sure there will be an update with those, soon. If I had read my email about a half hour earlier, Shaw might have been able to post them last night. fyi,
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

Shaw

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2019, 08:05:13 AM »

For the ones Shaw posted, yesterday, that's correct. Last night, I sent copies of those presets renumbered to reference each of the other sample group slots. So, I'm sure there will be an update with those, soon. If I had read my email about a half hour earlier, Shaw might have been able to post them last night. fyi,
Thank you very much @ComposerjK!

I will have those online later today.

Shaw

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2019, 08:07:12 AM »
Also, the samples in the Keyboard section have a lot of the same names as the synth samples but at the end of each name there is the Letter ´W´

What is the difference between the samples in the synth and keyboard banks that have the same name? :)
The “W” versions are just the looped portions of the samples with the same name without the attack portion.

Nokki

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2019, 09:26:41 AM »

The “W” versions are just the looped portions of the samples with the same name without the attack portion.

Just out of curiosity, do you use both versions of the samples in the presets? - just wondering because of hard drive space could then effectively be cut in half in regards to the samples :)

BTW the community that is forming here is so awesome! I hope we all take you as an example and share our samples with each other using your depository

Shaw

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2019, 09:43:22 AM »

Just out of curiosity, do you use both versions of the samples in the presets? - just wondering because of hard drive space could then effectively be cut in half in regards to the samples :)

BTW the community that is forming here is so awesome! I hope we all take you as an example and share our samples with each other using your depository
In some cases, I use both versions in the same preset.  The -w versions take up much less HD space, but the full versions are way more interesting sonically.

Shaw

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2019, 01:13:59 PM »
New presets file is now available online for download:  http://modulatable.com/Deckards_Dream/

This presets file contains every possible combination of User Preset Banks and Sample Banks — there are 32 possible combinations.
And the naming convention makes it easy to select the right SysEx file to send to your Prophet X.
So for example, if you want to have the samples in User Sample Bank 8, and your presets in User Preset Bank 1, you would use the file named "UserBank1-SampleU8.syx".

*** Special thanks to "ComposerJK" on the Sequential forum for creating a command line utility for redirecting banks of presets.

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2019, 01:17:58 PM »
New presets file is now available online for download:  http://modulatable.com/Deckards_Dream/

This presets file contains every possible combination of User Preset Banks and Sample Banks — there are 32 possible combinations.
And the naming convention makes it easy to select the right SysEx file to send to your Prophet X.
So for example, if you want to have the samples in User Sample Bank 8, and your presets in User Preset Bank 1, you would use the file named "UserBank1-SampleU8.syx".

*** Special thanks to "ComposerJK" on the Sequential forum for creating a command line utility for redirecting banks of presets.

Thanks again for doing this.

But just to confirm–the samples have to be in predefined numbers in those banks?

Stephen

Shaw

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2019, 01:57:16 PM »

But just to confirm–the samples have to be in predefined numbers in those banks?

Indeed.

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2019, 07:26:44 AM »
shaw, I have a deckard's dream synthesizer, can you put the patches in the format for this synthesizer?