Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack

Shaw

Re: Deckard's Dream Sample and Preset Pack
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
All, I feel I'm missing something when trying to install Replicants. Here are my steps so far:

1. Downloaded the samples and presets - success
2. Copied the px folder to a formatted USB drive - success
3. Added the presets to the px folder - success
4. Connected the USB drive to the Prophet X, pressed te appropriate update - failure. It didn't see the files.
5. Tried various versions of folder names, presets, put the preset in all subfolders... nothing.

What am I missing? The 8Dio add-on worked, so it's not a hardware failure or anything.

Make sure your PX is set to add "User" samples not "Add-on".  That is a secondary selection when you go to Global Settings 30. Update Library.

Quote from the manual page 127:  "30 . Update Library: Factory, User 1-8, Add-On 1-32—Imports add-on sample libraries from a properly formatted USB flash drive/thumb drive (see “Formatting a USB Flash Drive” on page 120) connected to the sample import port on the rear of the Prophet X."

Hope that helps.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2019, 02:37:37 PM »
Ha! That will help! Trying again tomorrow. Thanks for a swift reply to this Prophet X noob :)

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2019, 11:50:23 AM »
Shaw, these samples sound great, thank you for making these available!

I'm having issues with certain presets that has no sound, and both sample instruments shows 'F/1. Ambience 1.------'. There's many like this in the 50's-90's presets, such as P50 Data Collection, P55 Interrupted Mist, P57 Cabin Fever, P60 A Good Joe, and others. Any idea what may be going on?

« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2019, 03:46:22 AM »
Has anyone done step by step instructions for installing both the samples and presets into the PX? I'm happy to have this in U1.

Shaw

« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2019, 05:57:44 AM »
Has anyone done step by step instructions for installing both the samples and presets into the PX? I'm happy to have this in U1.

Where do you want the samples? and where do you want the presets?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Shaw

« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2019, 06:01:09 AM »

I'm having issues with certain presets that has no sound, and both sample instruments shows 'F/1. Ambience 1.------'. There's many like this in the 50's-90's presets, such as P50 Data Collection, P55 Interrupted Mist, P57 Cabin Fever, P60 A Good Joe, and others. Any idea what may be going on?

We’re able to get this resolved? It sounds like you simply don’t have all of the samples loaded.

« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2019, 07:58:41 AM »

Where do you want the samples? and where do you want the presets?

U1 would be fine by me for samples and presets. I'm limited to a 16GB USB 3.0...is there also a way to do this in stages ie .syx/'10 Keyboard'/'15 Synth' separately or via Mac rather than USB?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 08:58:04 AM by Rob Connor »

Shaw

« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2019, 01:37:18 PM »
U1 would be fine by me for samples and presets. I'm limited to a 16GB USB 3.0...is there also a way to do this in stages ie .syx/'10 Keyboard'/'15 Synth' separately or via Mac rather than USB?

Loading Samples:  just load half, then empty your USB drive and reload with the other half. 
.SYX cannot be used to load samples, but you can load the "10. Keyboards" folder of samples and then later load the "15. Synth" folder of samples if your USB drive doesn't have space for all of the samples.  No problem there.

Loading Presets:  This is where you use .syx files.  And when you download the presets .zip, there is a .syx file for every possible combination of Sample+Preset location.  So for example, if you want your Samples in folder "u01" (which on the PX is User Sample Bank 2), and you want your presets in the User Preset Bank 1, then you would use the .syx file named: "UserBank1-SampleU2.syx"

« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »

Loading Samples:  just load half, then empty your USB drive and reload with the other half. 
.SYX cannot be used to load samples, but you can load the "10. Keyboards" folder of samples and then later load the "15. Synth" folder of samples if your USB drive doesn't have space for all of the samples.  No problem there.

Loading Presets:  This is where you use .syx files.  And when you download the presets .zip, there is a .syx file for every possible combination of Sample+Preset location.  So for example, if you want your Samples in folder "u01" (which on the PX is User Sample Bank 2), and you want your presets in the User Preset Bank 1, then you would use the .syx file named: "UserBank1-SampleU2.syx"

Thanks for coming back to me...OK let's skip the manual, you're saying I can load '10 Keyboard' and then '15 Synth' using Global>34. Update Library>'User'? Is the 'u07' folder under the 'px' folder relevant? Can I just copy '10 Keyboard' and then '15 Synth' straight to the 'px' folder without 'u07' folder and then upload the samples using Update Library or is the 'u07' folder critical?

Happy with Samples in folder "u01" and presets in the User Preset Bank 1, so will use "UserBank1-SampleU2.syx" as suggested. Which Global option should be used to add the .syx presets or is this done using a different method? If so what?

Also, looking at the Samples, I've got Factory, then Add-On 1 through Add-On 7...is using SampleU2 going to override the 8Dio stuff or are User samples separate from Add-On samples?

« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 02:38:33 PM by Rob Connor »

Shaw

« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2019, 05:16:50 PM »
Thanks for coming back to me...OK let's skip the manual, you're saying I can load '10 Keyboard' and then '15 Synth' using Global>34. Update Library>'User'? Is the 'u07' folder under the 'px' folder relevant? Can I just copy '10 Keyboard' and then '15 Synth' straight to the 'px' folder without 'u07' folder and then upload the samples using Update Library or is the 'u07' folder critical?

OK, the ‘u07’ folder is very relevant. It works like this: there are 8 User Sample Banks. ( Banks 1 through 8 )
You determine where you place Samples within those 8 sample banks using the folders ‘u00’ through ‘u07’.
Don’t get confused there. The folder numbering system is one off from the User Bank numbers. So any samples in ‘u00’ will go into User Apl Bank 1, any samples in ‘u01’ will go into User Sample Bank 2, and so on.  So the folder (‘u00’, ‘u01’, ‘u02’, etc.) is crucial.  And then of course, writhing the ‘u00’ / ‘u01’ / ‘u02’... folder, there are category folders:  ‘10. Keyboards’, ‘15. Synths’, and so forth.  I think you get that part.

Happy with Samples in folder "u01" and presets in the User Preset Bank 1, so will use "UserBank1-SampleU2.syx" as suggested.
Yes.  But when you download the Samples, you will see that they are in folder px/u07 and you just need to change the name of the u07 folder to u01.

Which Global option should be used to add the .syx presets or is this done using a different method? If so what?
Nothing in Global settings.  Just transmit the preset bank you want to use ("UserBank1-SampleU2.syx") via a SysEx Data dump to the PX.

Also, looking at the Samples, I've got Factory, then Add-On 1 through Add-On 7...is using SampleU2 going to override the 8Dio stuff or are User samples separate from Add-On samples?
Nothing will be overwritten.  Your Sample Banks become visible as you put samples in them.

« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2019, 05:12:18 AM »
Happy with Samples in folder "u01" and presets in the User Preset Bank 1, so will use "UserBank1-SampleU2.syx" as suggested.
Yes.  But when you download the Samples, you will see that they are in folder px/u07 and you just need to change the name of the u07 folder to u01.

Got it...so glad I clarified, knew something wasn't quite right.

Which Global option should be used to add the .syx presets or is this done using a different method? If so what?
Nothing in Global settings.  Just transmit the preset bank you want to use ("UserBank1-SampleU2.syx") via a SysEx Data dump to the PX.

Any special software need to do this (I'm using a Mac) or just the stock application when you connect the PX to the Mac?

Shaw

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2019, 08:14:36 AM »
Any special software need to do this (I'm using a Mac) or just the stock application when you connect the PX to the Mac?

https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

SysEx Librarian...  #GoogleIsYourFriend

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2019, 09:35:24 AM »

https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

SysEx Librarian...  #GoogleIsYourFriend

Thanks for your guidance and hard work 🙏☺️

Shaw

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2019, 02:30:08 PM »
Thanks for your guidance and hard work 🙏☺️
Let us know if you're able to get everything installed and working.

« Reply #74 on: November 12, 2019, 07:30:20 PM »

We’re able to get this resolved? It sounds like you simply don’t have all of the samples loaded.

Shaw, no I haven't been able to resolve this issue. I've re-downloaded the samples and re-installed them as well as the presets, and tried the loading the samples in different banks. Also, all the samples seem to be there, the presets that have no sound doesn't call up any samples in either instrument 1 or 2.

Could you perhaps tell me what the instruments are suppose to be on some of the presets that I listed above with no sounds? Maybe that'll help me root cause to some common denominator.

I wouldn't normally worry about it so much since 90% of the presets seem to work, but they sound so great that I don't want to miss out on any of the rest!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:31:59 PM by papashark »

Shaw

« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2019, 08:46:50 PM »

Could you perhaps tell me what the instruments are suppose to be on some of the presets that I listed above with no sounds? Maybe that'll help me root cause to some common denominator.

Here's a list of Instruments that should be used by the presets you listed:
  • P50 Data Collection --
    • Instr. 1 -- (10. Keyboard / 79. Data Collection)
    • Instr. 2 -- (10. Keyboard / 45. Orange City)
  • P55 Interrupted Mist --
    • Instr. 1 -- (10. Keyboard / 72. Interrupted Mist)
    • Instr. 2 -- (10. Keyboard / 72. Interrupted Mist)
  • P57 Cabin Fever --
    • Instr. 1 -- (10. Keyboard / 70. Cabin Fever)
    • Instr. 2 -- (10. Keyboard / 85. Fin)
  • P60 A Good Joe --
    • Instr. 1 -- (10. Keyboard / 67. A Good Joe)
    • Instr. 2 -- (10. Keyboard / 67. A Good Joe)

It appears perhaps you are missing some instruments.  Try starting with a "Basic Program" (Global Menu #30) and see if you can load Instruments 10. Keyboard - 79. Data Collection, or 10. Keyboard / 72. Interrupted Mist.

2 questions, Are the instruments even there?  If they are there, do they produce any sound.
The only Categories used in Replicants are "10. Keyboard" and "15. Synth".
The "10. Keyboard" category has instruments in every slot from 2 to 86.
The "15. Synth" category has instruments in ever slot, 2 to 99.

This should help us narrow down whether the issue lies in missing or un-addressable sample instruments (I believe that is the culprit), or corrupted programs.

Hope this helps.

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
That worked! I was indeed missing many of the samples above 24 on 10.Keyboard. During unzipping winzip seems to have trouble with the sample names, in particular the "|" or piping character. Wonder if that had to do with the missing samples.

What was weird this time around during the loading of presets was that for some reason when transmitting the sysex through MIDI-OX, the PX would get stuck after loading the first few presets, and then not load anymore even though MIDI-OX shows the entire sysex transmitted. Finally after many tries, including having to unplug and re-plug the USB cable, the PX loaded all 128 presets. Hope it's not something going wrong with my PX..

Anyways, all samples and presets are there now and it sounds fabulous. Thanks again for your support!

Shaw

« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2019, 08:44:47 PM »
I've started sampling the Moog One.   You can grab a sample instrument and presets here:  http://modulatable.com/M1/

For now, the one instrument I have to share is this:  "Deckard" which loads into User8\Piano\88.Deckard.

The linked zip file also contains a program .syx file which has 1 program with both A and B layers.

Obviously the Moog One is not a CS-80, but isn't the Bladerunner style patch obligatory?  :)
This patch is a nice example of combining the two Moog Filters: Ladder and SVF.   Also, the samples themselves are truly stereo, using slightly different versions of the same patch hard panned left and right within the Moog One.

Enjoy.

laurentluigi

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2019, 09:57:57 AM »
Hello,
It sounds really great!!!
Thank You very much for sharing that super work.
😊

« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2020, 05:35:53 PM »
*** Special thanks to "ComposerJK" on the Sequential forum for creating a command line utility for redirecting banks of presets.

The px-preset-sample-renumber tool has been updated to support Prophet X/XL OS v2.1.1 beta that includes 24 additional user sample groups, U1 to U32. This tool allows one to renumber the sample groups in a Prophet X/XL SysEx Program Data dump .syx file. There are macOS and Windows binaries. Let me know if you might want to use this on a different system, e.g., some version of Unix, and I'll see about adding a build for it.

In this alpha 0.3 version, I also added support for specifying Add-on and Factory sample group numbers. So, now, one can specify U8, 8, A23, or F for the -f and -t arguments. A number without a letter prefix indicates a user sample group, i.e., 8 and U8 are equivalent.

Using the example of Deckard's Dream presets stored in UserBank4-SampleU8.syx (presets in U4, samples in sample group U8), to create a .syx with the presets referencing the samples in group U32, one would run the following command from a Terminal/shell/command window:

Code: [Select]
:; ./px-preset-sample-renumber -f U8 -t U32 -o UserBank4-SampleU32.syx UserBank4-SampleU8.syx

[ The :; is just a Terminal/shell prompt. ]

Hope this makes sense and helps some folk. Let me know if you have any questions.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/