Possible to change parameters for Layer A+B simultaneously?

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, relatively new to synthesis, and have recently got a Rev 2, which is my first proper synth.  :) I'm loving it so far.

So, my question for today is:

If I have a stacked sound, is there a way to change a parameter for both layers simultaneously? For example, say I have a patch programmed that is using layer A + B and in a live situation, and I want to play around with the filter cutoff for the whole sound. Right now, I can only change the cutoff for layer A or B, but not both at the same time... I'm sure there is an easy solution to this, but in scanning the manual I couldn't find a solution.

Thanks guys!

Re: Possible to change parameters for Layer A+B simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 07:01:02 AM »
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, relatively new to synthesis, and have recently got a Rev 2, which is my first proper synth.  :) I'm loving it so far.

So, my question for today is:

If I have a stacked sound, is there a way to change a parameter for both layers simultaneously? For example, say I have a patch programmed that is using layer A + B and in a live situation, and I want to play around with the filter cutoff for the whole sound. Right now, I can only change the cutoff for layer A or B, but not both at the same time... I'm sure there is an easy solution to this, but in scanning the manual I couldn't find a solution.

Thanks guys!

from the manual:

'To edit Layer A and B simultaneously:
1. With Stack mode on (stack a+b button is lit) press and hold the edit layer b button. It begins flashing, indicating that you are in “Link” mode.
2. Change any parameters. The parameters are changed on both Layer A and Layer B.
3. To turn off Link mode, press the edit layer b button again. It stops flashing.'

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2019, 11:49:15 AM »
RTFM. ;-)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:06:15 PM »
RTFM. ;-)

I really always read a manual fully, really!!

maxter

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2019, 02:03:40 PM »
RTFM. ;-)

I really always read a manual fully, really!!

I feel you. Been there. Missed a thing, which was in the manual. But I also missed some other things prior that were NOT in the manual... After skimming through the manual a couple times for each question already, I was better off just asking my fellow friends here a (potentially) dumb question.
The Way the Truth and the Life

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 06:53:30 AM »
Just in case someone missed it, if you want to copy layer A to layer B, you can do so by pressing both Split A/B and Stack A+B buttons and then Write.  ;)
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340