REV2 wheel calibration needed every time

REV2 wheel calibration needed every time
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:45:24 AM »
Hi all,
my name's Emanuele, I am new to this community - an honor to be part of it.
I have happily owned a REV2 8-voice since last August. A few days ago, one of the oscillators occasionally lost its tuning on one of the sounds so, since the OSC calibration got stuck, I decided to restart the synth and do a fw upgrade to the latest available version. All fine, the latest version is now on and the OSC calibration eventually worked fine, no more partial tuning issues... except for the pitch wheel which seems to have gone nuts. Even time I turn the Prophet on, the wheel doesn't work and the tuning of the whole keyboard is a whole step down (if I press a C it's a Bb). Master Coarse is always set to 0 and nothing is connected to the synth apart from a sustain pedal and L+R jack cables. I tried to perform a calibration of the wheel and, after doing it and moving the wheel once up or down, the pitch goes back to the right tuning. From that moment on it works fine, but... every time I turn the synth on again, same problem  :(
Has any of you guys experienced this? I saw some past topics with similar issues but I couldn't figure out if the problem was solved for good or not... I have already asked for support at Sequential, waiting for their response.
I live in Italy and I use the Prophet for work on a daily basis these days, I don't feel like sending it all the way to San Francisco...  :( :( :(

Thanks for your feedback, cheers

Manu

Re: REV2 wheel calibration needed every time
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:13:24 AM »
UPDATE: I tried and did a reset of the Globals. Turned the synth on an off a couple of times, seems to be keeping the tuning, and both wheels work fine. No shipping to California needed this time - hopefully... I would rather fly there myself instead and leave the Prophet at home ;)

Anyways, if any of you experience something similar again, keep this post as one of the possible solutions... Hope it helps.

Ciao!

Re: REV2 wheel calibration needed every time
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 07:31:12 AM »
I have exactly the same problem, have you fixed it somehow?

UPDATE: I tried and did a reset of the Globals. Turned the synth on an off a couple of times, seems to be keeping the tuning, and both wheels work fine. No shipping to California needed this time - hopefully... I would rather fly there myself instead and leave the Prophet at home ;)

Anyways, if any of you experience something similar again, keep this post as one of the possible solutions... Hope it helps.

Ciao!