The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

PXToolkit 1.0 Available Now

Re: PXToolkit 1.0 Available Now
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2019, 10:48:54 PM »
PXToolkit has been updated to version 1.1.3 to take advantage of the new Prophet X firmware version 2.1.1 currently in beta.  I don't think I've posted release notes for the last few revisions, so here they are:

• Added support for Prophet X firmware 2.1.1 with up to 32 user groups for samples
  • Holding the alt/option key while dropping samples now prevents PXToolkit from reading metadata or detecting filename patterns to assign sample root keys
  • Export now uses an underscore separator (_) instead of a pipe character (|) on macOS to improve the portability of exported files for Windows users

• Treat H as equivalent to B in note names for compatibility with SampleRobot's export naming conventions.

• Recognize upper-case file extension variations (eg: .WAV)

As always, the latest release can be downloaded here.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 11:02:13 PM by Lady Gaia »

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2019, 01:59:08 AM »
Thank you Lady Gaia for your work, which really makes the PX what it should be.
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
MacPro 5,1; MacBook Pro

Shaw

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2019, 06:22:34 AM »
PXToolkit has been updated to version 1.1.3 to take advantage of the new Prophet X firmware version 2.1.1 currently in beta.  I don't think I've posted release notes for the last few revisions, so here they are:

• Added support for Prophet X firmware 2.1.1 with up to 32 user groups for samples
  • Holding the alt/option key while dropping samples now prevents PXToolkit from reading metadata or detecting filename patterns to assign sample root keys
  • Export now uses an underscore separator (_) instead of a pipe character (|) on macOS to improve the portability of exported files for Windows users

• Treat H as equivalent to B in note names for compatibility with SampleRobot's export naming conventions.

• Recognize upper-case file extension variations (eg: .WAV)
As always, the latest release can be downloaded here.
Many thanks!  Great tool for the PX community!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2019, 07:16:01 AM »
Thanks. Looks a very useful application.
Regards
Derek

----------

Prophet X, Yamaha Montage 7, SY99, TG77, EX5R, AN1x, FS1r, Motif Rack ES (with PLG150-AN and PLG150-VL), Korg Kronos X61, Nord G2 Engine, and way too many VSTis!

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2020, 10:31:08 AM »
New PXToolkit users should be aware that Apple has a change in their application policy that is due to take effect on February 4th which may result in the following warning: "PXToolkit can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software."  This isn't a problem with the app but just a new requirement by Apple that I haven't yet satisfied.

This should only take place on Mojave and Catalina, and only for newly downloaded copies of the app, but there's no easy way I've seen to verify the exact behavior before the policy goes into effect.  I haven't had time to jump through the required hoops to eliminate this warning, but I'll endeavor to find time this month, certainly before the next new version.  If you do encounter this, you can still run the application by control-clicking on the app and selecting Open, at which point you may see the warning once more but can confirm that you do want to run it.  Thereafter you shouldn't see the warning again.

Of course this is true for any app that hasn't been updated so if you see other unexpected warnings on macOS you download after the 4th, you'll know that it's a policy change and not necessarily something malicious.  Smaller developers are likely going to be in reaction mode rather than getting ahead of the issue.

« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2020, 05:06:25 AM »
I'm looking for some help with creating round robin instruments with PX toolkit. I don't follow what I need to do, is it a naming convention for the audio file or something else? Also, technically what happens in the PX when playing it back?
Many thanks in advance for this terrific forum helping me get more from the PX!

Shaw

« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2020, 08:26:19 AM »
I'm looking for some help with creating round robin instruments with PX toolkit. I don't follow what I need to do, is it a naming convention for the audio file or something else? Also, technically what happens in the PX when playing it back?
Many thanks in advance for this terrific forum helping me get more from the PX!
The short answer is Shift + drag for creating Round Robins.  But you should watch the video demo Lady Gaia put together: 
http://www.thinkersnacks.com/px-toolkit.html

I don’t know whether Round Robins are played back randomly or in order. 
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2020, 09:47:23 AM »
As Shaw notes, they're defined in PXToolkit by dragging multiple samples with the same root into the same velocity range.  To make this happen, you inform the software that it shouldn't create a different velocity range for each new sample by holding the shift key while dropping the samples.  On the Prophet X round robins alternates are selected among randomly with equal odds for each variant (you can further game the system by dropping the same sample more than once to increase the odds of it playing, and PXToolkit won't duplicate the sample data.)

« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2020, 10:48:50 AM »
Terrific, thanks. I was not aware of that video and missed it somehow.

« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2020, 01:01:06 PM »
I keep getting this error

" The value of the offset is out of range. It must be >0 and <105129312392312 etc"

Tried uploading screenshot, but having issues with even that lol. Thanks for all you do LadyGaia. I can assure you the exact same settings on other samples have worked, but these which have been sampled with mpc autosampler are giving me this error. Any ideas?

« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2020, 09:32:07 PM »
I keep getting this error

" The value of the offset is out of range. It must be >0 and <105129312392312 etc"

That's a curious one and doesn't ring any bells.  If you can PM me a link to an sample I can use to reproduce this I'll happily look into it.  I haven't heard from anyone else using the MPC multi-sampler so it's also possible there's something unusual about the way it saves .wav or .aiff files (there are already lots of ways these format specifications are violated by other samples I've found - so I keep building in workarounds to make sure as many samples are usable as possible!)

« Reply #51 on: May 03, 2020, 02:48:27 PM »
Its probably the MPC created sample.. Let me look into that. Thank you again