Sequencer "Sessions" Concept

Sequencer "Sessions" Concept
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:07:00 AM »
Hi all! I'm new to the forum, but certainly no stranger to DSI. I own a Rev2 and OB6.
I've created a humble little website recently. No, I'm NOT here to promote it. I wanted to share with you the section for the Rev2 that I added. It will be one of the sections that is completely free at all times.

The whole idea with "sessions" is that these are patches for you to have sort of jam sessions with patch sequences. And those patches are (mostly) faithful re-creations of tracks from various electronic music artists. There's limits to what can be achieved, obviously. So this limits which tracks could be used for a 2 part patch, in terms of practicality and "fun factor" . The artists that have been an ideal fit for this sort of thing would the ones known for their catchy hooks or just overall good synthesizer work in their productions. This idea came from a re-creation of my all-time favorite electronic music track, from Eric Prydz called Melo. It's an epic production, so bare in mind that playing the patch alone by itself is not nearly as exciting as hearing the actual track, lol, but it's still fun to cue up a beat of your own with it, or even hit play and sync the sequence up with the original track,  or best of all, play along with a lead on the second part. It'll all depend on the track / patch. They're all 2 part, usually in split mode to allow you to jump back and forth editing without stopping the sequence. Go Try it out!
http://www.majoroscillator.com/sessions
Only a few guys have tried it out but they seemed to have fun with them, so I'm posting up the link here for all to give it a try.

These are completely free, and I make new ones each week. Seemed like a fun new way to use the Rev2, and the motives are purely for fun. To some, it might seem a little gimmicky, or just unfamiliar if you're not a fan of any of the artists featured thus far. To that I say, time to expand your horizons and bring some of those artists into your life ! lol.
This is a quick video of be playing along on part 1. Right at the end, I hit play to cue up part 2, but sadly the phone died, and off to work I went! concept still showing to some degree though.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/vh557o97CghYbnnz9
Post up comments, AND please post up other tracks you think should be added.
- note, the Relation / Lifelike track I uploaded is not verbatim like the original, as far as notes go, but the bass is pretty spot on I think. That one will see a revised version I think.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:14:28 AM by MajorOSC »