Prophet-6 Firmwareupdate failed...

Prophet-6 Firmwareupdate failed...
« on: June 05, 2019, 05:02:16 AM »
Hello,
just tried to upgrade my prophet from OS 1.40 to OS 1.59. The transmission via USB also went so far without errors. According to ReadMe file, after successful flashing the Prophet is supposed to restart automatically, but he does not. He has been frozen for over an hour and I do not dare (yet) to turn it off and restart.

any advice for me how to go further?

----------
greetings
dreier

Re: Prophet-6 Firmwareupdate failed...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 10:59:03 AM »
Manual restart... :-\

Fixed! OS 1.59 works fine
 :)
----------
greetings
dreier

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 06:35:24 AM »

"Manual re-start" I guess means switching it off! :)
Glad you have a working P-6 again. I have a fairly old P-6 which the previous owner updated to 1.4.0 and I am considering updating to 1.5.9 or whatever is the latest OS now. However I seem to have more functionality with the arpeggiator oon my P6 with old OS 1.4.0 than I do on my new OB-6 with the latest OS. IN Assign mode (with HOLD engaged) , my P6 allows me to play any combination of notes including the same note any number of times, whereas my OB6 arp will not ever allow me to play the same note a second time in that mode an it bugs me rather. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the later OS on the OB6. So CDEFGABCBAGFEDC up then down on my P6 becomes CDEFGABC on the OB6. ANy key that has already been hit is ignored. What about your P6 with OS 1.59?

Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 02:46:27 PM »

^^^  I just had the same exact problem when updating from OS 1.40 to OS 1.59. (everything you listed was the same, UBS connection, countdown went as expected, until the Prophet got stuck on "1" - as shown in your photo.)

Gave it 40+ min just sitting there and when nothing progressed, did the "Manual Reset" (turned the P6 OFF, then ON again with it's power switch) and everything looks fine!

Powered on and is showing 1.59 is it's new OS.

Thanks for posting this!!  I was worried until I read that you had gone through the same exact thing!!

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2022, 01:19:27 PM »

^^^  I just had the same exact problem when updating from OS 1.40 to OS 1.59. (everything you listed was the same, UBS connection, countdown went as expected, until the Prophet got stuck on "1" - as shown in your photo.)

Gave it 40+ min just sitting there and when nothing progressed, did the "Manual Reset" (turned the P6 OFF, then ON again with it's power switch) and everything looks fine!

Powered on and is showing 1.59 is it's new OS.

Thanks for posting this!!  I was worried until I read that you had gone through the same exact thing!!

In case a new P6 owner is fretting about this
I had the same issue upgrading a new P6 which shipped with 1.6.7 to 1.7.5 over USB (Win10 PC +MIDIox)- it completed but Fx Clock and main display were both stuck at "1". Waited 10 mins or so, then finally powered it off for 10 seconds, and it booted up fine showing 1.7.5 on boot. I reset globals, and all's well.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2022, 01:25:02 PM by abstrx »

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2022, 06:42:34 AM »
I have done lots of updates over the years and only once did my P6 reboot as the manual suggests. All were successful however so I wouldn’t worry if, during a firmware update, your P6 stops at ‘1’ indefinitely. Just wait a couple of minutes and the switch off and then back on and you should see the new firmware number as it boots.
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.