In which cases would only SOME of my user instrument folders load?

I've created a library that will sit in user folder u01.  Almost all of the instrument folders contain samples and loaded perfectly into the PX except for two:
"12 Tonal Percussion" (contains 15 samples files)
"16 Solo Vox" (contains two sample files)

Deleting everything in the u01 folder except "16 Solo Vox" doesn't work.  Changing the folder to u00 didn't work either.

There's plenty of storage available on the PX.  Any thoughts?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:54:39 PM by armenjc »
When all else fails, follow the directions.

Re: In which cases would only SOME of my user instrument folders load?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 05:48:15 PM »
I assume by "sample files" you mean .zip files named for each slot the sample WAV files will be in, where each .zip file includes the related WAV files and a formatted .grp file specifying the WAV file to key mappings (possibly via PXToolkit or 8Dio's Mapping Utility). Typically, the name of the .zip file would match the sample name, e.g., "02. My Percussive|Mallet Sound.zip." Also, note that those instrument slots start at 02 (as also displayed in the UI on the Prophet X/XL). The included .grp file would be similarly named. A malformed .grp file could cause a loading issue. Since other samples are loading, I'll assume they're beneath the /px/ directory on the USB stick.

Make sure your WAV files are 16-bit 48kHz samples. It might also be good to make sure no other chunks are included, just in case. I believe that PXToolkit will strip out the other chunks in the WAV files when creating the .zip file. I haven't seen an issue there, loading my own samples with my own tools, but good to be safe on that.

And, just to make sure, putting it in u01 will show up in the "User 2" sample group.

Don't know if any of that will help.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 07:37:20 PM »
I assume by "sample files" you mean .zip files named for each slot the sample WAV files will be in, where each .zip file includes the related WAV files and a formatted .grp file specifying the WAV file to key mappings (possibly via PXToolkit or 8Dio's Mapping Utility). Typically, the name of the .zip file would match the sample name, e.g., "02. My Percussive|Mallet Sound.zip." Also, note that those instrument slots start at 02 (as also displayed in the UI on the Prophet X/XL). The included .grp file would be similarly named. A malformed .grp file could cause a loading issue. Since other samples are loading, I'll assume they're beneath the /px/ directory on the USB stick.

Make sure your WAV files are 16-bit 48kHz samples. It might also be good to make sure no other chunks are included, just in case. I believe that PXToolkit will strip out the other chunks in the WAV files when creating the .zip file. I haven't seen an issue there, loading my own samples with my own tools, but good to be safe on that.

And, just to make sure, putting it in u01 will show up in the "User 2" sample group.

Don't know if any of that will help.

All that you assumed is correct:  zip files, 48k 16bit, everything is in the px folder.  I created all of the zip files and 12 Instrument folders with the help of PX Toolkit.  Everything loaded but for the two mentioned folders and their instruments.

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 07:52:32 PM »
Lady Gaia suggested a fix that worked for folder 12 Tonal Percussion.  I renamed it to Tonal Perc and that worked like a charm. Now figuring out a fix for folder 16 Solo Vox

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 09:46:32 PM »
Fixed. User folders 12 Tonal Percussion and 16 Solo Vox must be renamed from:
Tonal Percussion to Tonal Perc
Solo Vox to Vox

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 10:15:24 PM »
Sigh.  I’ll get both corrected in PXToolkit when I’m back in front of my laptop in a few days.  In the meantime, that’s exactly the right workaround.