New Rev2, how is it as a master MIDI controller?

Re: New Rev2, how is it as a master MIDI controller?
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2018, 07:49:02 PM »
I'm finding the Rev2 Split point button very handy while auditioning sounds or creating from scratch.

It's super quick to define the split point -- press and hold the Split button then press the keyboard note where you want the split to happen.  Different sounds inspire different songs, and the Rev2 inspires you to instantly change that split point as the song and sounds dictate.  With the Minitaur layered on the left with the Rev2 for bass duties, I'm having a ball.

And it's also super quick to switch up the knobs and switches to edit the other layer -- just press the Edit Layer B button.

Bi-timbral is the way to go!  Glad I got the Rev2 keyboard version instead of the module as originally planned.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:58:52 PM by psionic11 »
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2018, 09:55:53 PM »
Yeah, I agree. I really like the way DSI has implemented the patches with layer/splits.

My only minor gripe would be having to scroll around for them. Would be nice to somehow get from 1 patch to another specific patch quicker. But reordering helps in that regard.

Now you’re selling me back on my original Minitaur/REV2 plan that I kinda tossed once I realized the REV could transmit on 2 channels. Right now I’m using an AS-1, which sound great, but the lack of hands on control is starting to get to me, ha.

Glad to hear you’re enjoy the new gear!

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2019, 06:37:17 PM »
Pulled the trigger on a Squarp Pyramid today, but I think I'll need some routing/filtering capabilities if I want to use the REV2 as a controller.  I wish it had a Local Keyboard Off global option so you could leave the panel "local", and only route notes out.

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2019, 06:22:06 AM »
In Global settings you can disable MIDI Parameter Send.  Then the Rev2 will only send out notes on one MIDI channel.

Or it will send notes on 2 consecutive channels if Multimode is on.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2019, 04:50:03 AM »
In Global settings you can disable MIDI Parameter Send.  Then the Rev2 will only send out notes on one MIDI channel.

Or it will send notes on 2 consecutive channels if Multimode is on.

If you have Local Off though, you still lose control of the panel.