Problem with metallic rattling noise in sounds

Problem with metallic rattling noise in sounds
« on: March 17, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »
I recently acquired one of these and a couple of times I've found that every patch will start making this weird metallic rattling sound. It's more noticeable with bass notes and will steadily get more pronounced until I shut the machine down for a minute or two. What could that be?

Re: Problem with metallic rattling noise in sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
It is a known issue. Reported as fixed a few times I think but it keeps popping back up. Check the update notes to really see the history. I think they might have called it the "bit reduction" or "ring mod" issue. It's the FX that get confused somehow and start making that noise. You can just turn the FX off if you don't want to cycle the power.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »
It is a known issue. Reported as fixed a few times I think but it keeps popping back up. Check the update notes to really see the history. I think they might have called it the "bit reduction" or "ring mod" issue. It's the FX that get confused somehow and start making that noise. You can just turn the FX off if you don't want to cycle the power.

Thanks for that. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what was going on

noir

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:46 PM »
I got the same issue. It's not reproducible for me but it happens on a regular basis. After turning the device off and on again, it's gone. This renders the whole device unusable for a live situation.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 01:32:50 AM »
It happens for me with almost any preset that has a HP Filter FX on both layer A and B ... I can safely say, that this bug has not been fixed, I can reproduce it quite easily, and yes it has been reported as fixed some times... even though Sequential has stated that this bug has nothing to do with the FX engine, it just seems to happen when the FX type is the same on both layers... I've witnessed it only with HP filter and Distortion, but I think that the fix they are talking about is related to using two distortion FX... because I've not witnessed any bug by using two of these since they fixed it... but two HP filters is another case, and it definitely introduce the sample-reduction like sound...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 06:25:15 AM »
Maybe mentioned before. But when I use chorus and leave the sync on, I get a metallic click.
Now that I know it is the sync on true, it is easy to solve. Annoying if you don't know why.

noir

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2019, 08:20:10 AM »
It happens for me with almost any preset that has a HP Filter FX on both layer A and B ... I can safely say, that this bug has not been fixed, I can reproduce it quite easily, and yes it has been reported as fixed some times... even though Sequential has stated that this bug has nothing to do with the FX engine, it just seems to happen when the FX type is the same on both layers... I've witnessed it only with HP filter and Distortion, but I think that the fix they are talking about is related to using two distortion FX... because I've not witnessed any bug by using two of these since they fixed it... but two HP filters is another case, and it definitely introduce the sample-reduction like sound...

I'm not using HP filter or distortion. Most of the time I use delay, reverb or chorus. Sometimes also flanger or phaser.