New Rev2 acting chaotically

New Rev2 acting chaotically
« on: May 26, 2019, 04:15:00 AM »
Hey community!

So a friend and I bought a Prophet Rev2 and received it 3 days ago.
For two days we felt like electronic music gods, as that piece of equipment was the best we ever could lay our eyes on.
But, since yesterday, some functions of the synth weirdly stopped working;

1. Depending on the preset, most of the Filter, Amplifier, Effect and Oscillator controls won't work. (it did the day before with the same presets)

2. When touching a note on the keyboard, sound will play four times (I mean touching the key everytime) and then when playing 4 times again no sound will come out (like this: play-play-play-play-rest-rest-rest-rest)

3. Loads of presets just won't work

4. When loading a preset that has split mode, the left split won't play

We tried looking ourselves for solutions but couldn't find any, and we're getting kind of crazy as we enjoyed the full power of that beast for only about 48 hours...

I do apologize if the answer is obvious and basically RTFM, we're kind of synth noobs at the moment...

Thank you so much

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: New Rev2 acting chaotically
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 06:35:30 AM »
Hey community!

So a friend and I bought a Prophet Rev2 and received it 3 days ago.
For two days we felt like electronic music gods, as that piece of equipment was the best we ever could lay our eyes on.
But, since yesterday, some functions of the synth weirdly stopped working;

1. Depending on the preset, most of the Filter, Amplifier, Effect and Oscillator controls won't work. (it did the day before with the same presets)

2. When touching a note on the keyboard, sound will play four times (I mean touching the key everytime) and then when playing 4 times again no sound will come out (like this: play-play-play-play-rest-rest-rest-rest)

3. Loads of presets just won't work

4. When loading a preset that has split mode, the left split won't play

We tried looking ourselves for solutions but couldn't find any, and we're getting kind of crazy as we enjoyed the full power of that beast for only about 48 hours...

I do apologize if the answer is obvious and basically RTFM, we're kind of synth noobs at the moment...

Thank you so much

as for numer 2, check that you put the cables in properly... when you hear 4 voices, then not the next 4 it's most likely that you put the audio cables in wrongly on the back for left/right... test that first, and see how many of your problems go away ;)

I assume you have an 8-voice version since it's 4 notes that sound, and then 4 not sounding... otherwise it would have been 8 instead.

Reason is that the Prophet REV2 has two stereo outputs on the back and also a headphone output, and these are close to each other... if you put the cables in the wrong outs, you can get strange results on your speakers.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 06:40:37 AM by Razmo »
If you need me, follow the shadows...