HOLD when switching layer. Intended like that?

HOLD when switching layer. Intended like that?
« on: May 19, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
I searched the forum to see whether this issue was discussed but couldn't find it, hope I'm not doubling.

The problem is as in the title: when I play a note when only, say, layer A is active and I keep that note pressed while switching to layer B, the note is held (i.e. as if HOLD is on). The only way of releasing this note is returning to A and playing notes *until the voice that is held is retriggered*. I cannot imagine how this would be as intended, but I'm happy to be proven wrong by one of you.

This behavior, by the way, has a more complicated (an unwanted by me) result when in either of the layers an arpeggiater is running.

Re: HOLD when switching layer. Intended like that?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:52:46 AM »
Sorry if it feels like spamming, but I really am looking for an answer to this question. Am I the only one who observes this behavior? (Is it just very odd of me to hold a key pressed while switching program?)

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 10:26:19 AM »
I searched the forum to see whether this issue was discussed but couldn't find it, hope I'm not doubling.

The problem is as in the title: when I play a note when only, say, layer A is active and I keep that note pressed while switching to layer B, the note is held (i.e. as if HOLD is on). The only way of releasing this note is returning to A and playing notes *until the voice that is held is retriggered*. I cannot imagine how this would be as intended, but I'm happy to be proven wrong by one of you.

Hi, I just experimented a bit on my v1.4.27 16 voice Rev2. When holding a note (one layer active) and switching to the other layer, it seems a note off is triggered. I hear the sound of the other layer briefly and then it is gone (no long decays on these sounds).

It gets more confusing when using the hold key as well. When playing one layer and pressing hold, the sounds are ofcourse sustained. When switching to the other layer, the notes are still sustained but I hear the patch of the second layer.  The hold button is not lit when I have switched to the second layer. Pressing hold twice silences the sound.

Could there be any global setting that determines if and how sounds are sustained when switching between layers?
DSI Prophet Rev2 16 voice, Arturia Drumbrute Impact, Tascam DP-008 EX

jg666

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
I don’t get this happening under normal usage but I have managed to recreate the behaviour.

It’s a global setting called Multi Mode. If I turn that On I get the same thing happening as you reported. I tried this because I know when I first got mine, I had this accidentally set to be on and it caused some strange behaviour with Arps etc

I believe that if you turn of Multi Mode, this behaviour will stop :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6