Some OB-6 Sounds from Robust American Patches!

Some OB-6 Sounds from Robust American Patches!
« on: May 16, 2019, 09:51:50 AM »
Greetings Everyone!

Randy here from Robust American Patches. I use to be under the username Chimponaut on these forums just so you know what's who. I just wanted to drop by and give you this sneak peek at some of what's to come from our first release for the OB-6. This Volume is a pretty mixed lot as far as genre or style goes. New Wave, Ambient, Funk, Industrial come to mind. It's simply inspired by the OB-6's breathtaking tones. Some of these patches have been in the making since taking delivery of the OB-6 Module in late 2016. I feel so lucky to actually own something with Sir Tom Oberheim's name on it... Not to mention that other guy.  ;D

Anyway, if you have any questions please do ask them here. I may be asleep for a day or so after posting this though.

Thanks for reading and possibly listening!

Randy

« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:05:50 AM by RobustAmerican »

The Official Release is GO for the OB-6!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 01:38:34 PM »
Well folks, it's certainly a good time to drop your linen and commence your grinnin  :D  Volume I for the OB-6 is a R E A L I T Y ! ! !

We've made some progress on the demonstrations. Thirty more patches made it into this lot...Except, no videos yet besides the one in the previous post above. Adding all the controller info text is taking a bit of time. So this newest batch of demos is SoundCloud only for now.    :o   Sorry about that.
So, we're currently at 44 patches with demonstrations so far. Almost half the Bank. It shouldn't be more than another 24/36 hours or so until we have the complete bank demonstrated proper.

SoundCloud Demonstration - Volume I for the OB-6 (Part 1)

SoundCloud Demonstration - Volume I for the OB-6 (Sneak Peek)

Sneak Peek on YouTube

We'll be doing do some kind of introductory offer for the release. Probably for 18 days as that is a multiple of 6.

Thanks Everyone!

Randy
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 02:25:47 PM by RobustAmerican »

Re: Some OB-6 Sounds from Robust American Patches!
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 08:31:57 AM »
35 more preset demonstrations for Volume I.

Volume I (Part2)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 08:51:28 AM by RobustAmerican »

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 12:03:02 PM »
The Final OB-6 Video Demonstration is up and streaming as I type this. 99 Patches represented in 4 videos. Patch 000: "Robust Init" didn't need a demo. Thanks for watching!

The OB-6 Volume I Patch List

https://youtu.be/cKLT_wfV5AY

https://youtu.be/EYmPOWuNzGg

https://youtu.be/Dnr3ONwYBJ8

https://youtu.be/ZADNiIob6pg

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »
For those of you who want to have the notes printed for access while surveying, I have created a version of the notes that only takes 5 sheets of paper (double-side print...i.e. 10 pages)
The content is exactly identical, I just reformatted the doc
CC: Robust Americans...I hope you don't mind...If so, just tell me and I will take it down.
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 07:56:48 PM »
For those of you who want to have the notes printed for access while surveying, I have created a version of the notes that only takes 5 sheets of paper (double-side print...i.e. 10 pages)
The content is exactly identical, I just reformatted the doc
CC: Robust Americans...I hope you don't mind...If so, just tell me and I will take it down.

Thank You Shmuelyosef!

I forgot all about posting the OB-6 Patch List here. So many links...So little time. Big Thanks for doing the paper friendly formatting as well. I'm hopeless when it comes to that stuff. I've been chasing bad page breaks and typos for days now. Finally had a chance to get back to working on some music for the last 24 hours or so. I feel better. It's fair to say that we are a little ruff around the edges when it comes to this typing and formatting stuff but we are slowly improving on every front. Back in December when we started this we didn't even have Pdfs. Those early patch lists were truly horrendous. Really, disturbing how bad they were.

Thanks again!

Randy

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 11:20:53 AM »
...de nada...I have years of MS word, Photoshop, Adobe, etc ...experience from media production activities. The content is the valuable thing, and the production just makes it more accessible

Awesome patches! I have produced about 100 patches myself and these have very little overlap, so I can learn as well as use your patches directly. I purchased one other set of 100 patches from a 'not-to-be-named' patch-meister, and really got a couple useful patches, no notes, and didn't really learn much. The R.A.P. patches are diverse and make very creative use of the full range of OB-6 capabilities.

...hats off to you
DSI OB-6, Nord Electro 3HP & 6HP, Roland SoundCanvas SC55mkii, Beatstep Pro, KeyStep, Roland SE-02, MPD18 (+mpcstuff), Roland TD-4 V-drums, Fender-Rhodes Stage MK1, Reaper, plus dozens of acoustic instruments

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 07:57:10 AM »
...de nada...I have years of MS word, Photoshop, Adobe, etc ...experience from media production activities. The content is the valuable thing, and the production just makes it more accessible

Awesome patches! I have produced about 100 patches myself and these have very little overlap, so I can learn as well as use your patches directly. I purchased one other set of 100 patches from a 'not-to-be-named' patch-meister, and really got a couple useful patches, no notes, and didn't really learn much. The R.A.P. patches are diverse and make very creative use of the full range of OB-6 capabilities.

...hats off to you

I really can't thank you enough for those words. We do aim to please. "No Notes" You did get a list of the preset names at least right? I hope so. I've heard so many people say the OB6 is limited with it's 1 LFO blah and of course, it is. But I think "sumbunall" of those folks look at XMod as some kind of outdated modulation scheme that lost it's knickers back in the 80s. When a synth sounds like this one in the raw, the XMod really, really shines brightly.

One more video to post...A few people over at the GS forum seem to really like this one. I'm not really into house as a genre. Sci-Fi Trip Hop maybe.

Randy
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:11:13 AM by RobustAmerican »

"Pure Mutate" A ONE Synth Song Featuring the OB-6 Exclusively!
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 08:08:10 AM »
So this is a short (2:15) demonstration song utilizing 6 of our more "commercial" patches and the OB-6. Lots of info on the sounds and the mix as it happens. A moment to moment commentary if you will with text. No talking ever. Could be too much info and too fast at times. Everything except the drums and some fx where noted in the video is the OB-6. In the video I make a reference to the Planet of the Apes soundtrack. Of course I'm talking about the 1968 original. That soundtrack is truly something to behold. Lots of very unique sounds. Thanks for watching!

https://youtu.be/V1g3CdLaw1k
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:20:22 AM by RobustAmerican »

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 01:11:42 PM »
First, to all who have purchased Volume I for the OB-6...Thank You! As you may or may not already know we have updated the bank very recently and intended to email everyone personally. I hit the wrong button in the store admin and suddenly I had sent emails to all who made the purchase. We are a young company (Just 5 months young this past May 16th) and we haven't fully used every feature and function of the store just yet. This particular feature is a little less than obvious.

Anyway, the Update Notes:
We added the Bank File in the SoundTower Editor format. That's all. We had more than a few people asking about it so we decided to add it today as an update. We also renamed the folders and cleaned it up a little as far as the file structure goes. Absolutely nothing was done to the patches. Then the automatic email, that I didn't know was automatic was sent with 1 button click. No chance to actually write and personalize the email was provided. Sorry for these little snafus. We are learning more about the store's infrastructure everyday but this was a doozy.

We hope you'll understand and bear with us as we come to grips with the hell that is HTML editing and the fun of learning by trial and error with the store's "unique" way of doing certain things.

Thanks Again Everyone,

Randy

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 05:02:48 PM »
Hello Everyone!

Well, we've just experienced our first host failure over at Robust American Patches. Shopify (our host) and Google Cloud have been experiencing major issues for the past 48 hours. We just wanted to let you know that things are back up and running as expected. This is the first issue we've had with our host since opening our doors back on Dec 16th 2018. I guess that's not too bad...One issue in almost 6 months. We sincerely hope this hasn't inconvenienced anyone here.

Thanks you guys!

Randy

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
Hello Again!

As you may already know, Google Cloud experienced wide spread failures on June 2nd and 3rd of this month. As a result, we were down for nearly 3 days in the middle of our introductory offer for the OB-6.   
:o 

So, to make up for that lost time,  we've extended the intro offer until the 10th of June 2019.

Thanks Everyone!

Over and Out!

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2023, 05:30:44 PM »
These are excellent patches, thanks for putting in the work. In particular I really like the noisy/industrial drum and synth sounds in this collection. I haven't heard many other people push the OB-6 into that territory, but it can certainly get wild with some creative programming.

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2023, 07:42:53 AM »
Thanks Soundxplorer! Made my day!