Arpeggiated notes midi

Arpeggiated notes midi
« on: March 03, 2016, 02:10:21 AM »
Hi,

Thinking about buying the P6... I've read (and tested in a music shop) that the P6 can not send midi notes of an arpeggiated sequence.

Do you know if an update OS is planified, and if not, if this kind of evolution could be technically possible in this kind of analog synth please ?

Regards

Re: Arpeggiated notes midi
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 01:37:38 PM »
Hi am replying to myself ;)  (after obtaining a response from the DSI support).
Maybe it might interest some of you...

Hi Cédric-

Thanks for contacting DSI/Sequential, and for your interest in the Prophet 6. The ability to transmit MIDI note data for the arpeggiator and sequencer is on our list of user feature requests, and I can add your vote to its tally. However, I cannot say when/whether this would be implemented in a future OS update.

I hope this helps, and have a nice day.

Best,

Andy
Dave Smith Instruments

Zac James

• Smoke me a kipper.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 10:35:55 AM »
I was wondering this myself just on Sunday.  I'd got a great sound dialled in, and was playing around with the arpeggiator.  I wanted to record the notes into Cubase, but realised the P6 wasn't transmitting anything when the arp was playing on the keyboard.

Although you can draw the notes in, it's just not as hands-on as actually doing it from the P6 itself.

What I did find out is that externally played notes into the P6 will trigger the arp, as long as the arp button is on.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 09:33:59 PM »
Yes please.

Hi am replying to myself ;)  (after obtaining a response from the DSI support).
Maybe it might interest some of you...

Hi Cédric-

Thanks for contacting DSI/Sequential, and for your interest in the Prophet 6. The ability to transmit MIDI note data for the arpeggiator and sequencer is on our list of user feature requests, and I can add your vote to its tally. However, I cannot say when/whether this would be implemented in a future OS update.

I hope this helps, and have a nice day.

Best,

Andy
Dave Smith Instruments