Sequential MusicMate

Sequential MusicMate
« on: May 10, 2019, 12:50:00 PM »
Sequential MusicMate, ran across this video.  It's cute, I just thought it was kind of interesting video! ;D  Makes you wonder how many little products Sequential produced bitd that no one probably knows about.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:56:55 PM by John01W »

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
Re: Sequential MusicMate
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:16:51 PM »
♪♫Are you keeping up with the Commodore?♫♪
Heheheh. How good was the 80's?!
Nice little SID controller from around the same time I was address poking in BASIC to create 'music' (I use that term loosely ;) ) on Apple][e's. I found it weird the guy wasn't aware of how the joystick port was used as a MIDI interface back in those days and how he thought it odd to put copy-protection onto discs at the time (I remember buying blank discs from the local Grace Bros. then using disc copy software in department store on their demo machines to get free games, with the sales staff knowing exactly what I was doing!). I would have loved to have owned the MusicMate when I was 12, but was very much an Apple snob then and regarded the C64 as an inferior computer (ahh what a horrible child I was!). I think that would have changed if I was aware I could make 'video game' music on a C64 without typing 1000's of lines of code!
Cheers for that little walk through memory lane.

chysn

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »
As the sort of guy who still has a Commodore 64 set up in his basement*, and who comes from the generation that thinks it pretty much invented nostalgia, I enjoyed this.

My 14-year-old self did his share of sound design on the C64, but I didn't have anything fancy. MIDI still seemed like out-of-reach high-tech. I had (and still have) the Music Composer cartridge. The only reason I haven't bought a SID Guts Deluxe module yet is because it's 19HP, which drives me nuts.

Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:39 AM »
Cool:) Cool stories shared too :)  Seems very collectable to me in a historic kind of way, especially if you're a fan of the company! 
Seems he didn't get all the software for it:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 12:12:08 AM by John01W »

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 06:53:34 AM »
I'll ask Lee Powell about this....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000