What are your external ADSR choices for the Pro-2

What are your external ADSR choices for the Pro-2
« on: May 04, 2019, 04:23:57 AM »
While being such a complex and powerful synth, most noticeable weak side is envelopes being to linear for my taste.
Recursive modulation helps a bit, but still, I think, maybe having eurorack ADSR is a better solution?
Any recommendation of particular modules?
Would like to hear, if you have similar thoughts and what's your workaround
Thanks  :)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 05:02:33 AM by Top_Dog »

Re: What are your external ADSR choices for the Pro-2
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 12:57:22 PM »
I like using the Rossum Control Forge with the Pro 2.  It lets you design any 8 stage Envelope shape you want, exponential or linear.  But that's just the tip-of-the-iceberg; you can do so much more with it, too (LFO's, random, sequences, triggers, etc.).

There's a bit of a learning curve (at least for me), since it does so much, but it plays very well with the Pro 2.

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »
I put in a feature request for exponential envelopes before the last update, but no dice. It would be so easy to implement. I hope they still update the Pro 2 but it seems unlikely.
Seems a little insane to use external envelopes when the Pro 2 has 5 of them! ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 09:29:13 AM »
Canīt the Sequencer be used as an envelope generator of some sort? Setting SlewRate to Ptp and Dest to VCA,Sustain,EnvAmount or EnvDelay and let it retrigger with every note played.
Doesnt that make you draw your own complex envelope?
What would be the limitations in comparison to the aforementioned modules?