Time for a second update ?

laurentluigi

Time for a second update ?
« on: April 24, 2019, 07:40:39 AM »
Hi everyone,

the Prophet X starship seems to reach his cruising speed...

Maybe we could join our request to have a perfect new update...!

laurentluigi

Re: Time for a second update ?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 07:43:54 AM »
For me :
 - have the possibility to modulate the "Tone" on the Sample section.
 - have the choice (like with Samples) to bypass the filter on the Osc 1 or 2.
 and why not... have an "image" on the Loop Sample Section to know exactly what's happening !

blewis

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 09:01:23 AM »
Inst1/2 Start modulation needs to be fixed. In order to modulate the start point, you have to enter Inst1/2 Edit mode. Unfortunately, once you enter Inst1/2 Edit mode, you break the sample's nature loop point.

The start point needs to be modulate-able without breaking the loop points - i.e. don't edit the sample just to modulate the start point.

For example, the VCO pack has carefully selected loop points. To get a good dynamic feel to simulate free running oscillator samples that beat against each other, one would need to modulate the start points (which requires you to be in Inst Edit mode to take effect (bug if you ask me)). But as soon as you do that, you get clicks because the loop points are being edited.

This has to be fixed eventually. Sooner rather than later please. I know it's on the list, but let's hope it's prioritized.

I believe this would require the start point to always be thresholded to being with the loop area (and never to exceed it). From there on, just follow the existing loop points.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 09:03:47 AM by blewis »

Nokki

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 09:08:41 AM »
1. I would love to have the ability to take a long sample and split it across the keys.
Example: 1 minute sample that is originally placed on 1 key and instead of stretching the sample I would like to be able to split the sample across the keys meaning that there would now be a couple of seconds of that sample on each key.

2. I would like to dial in the amount that goes to the filter of the samples not just full bypass on or off

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 05:02:28 PM »
On my PX dream list I'd love to be able to switch patches without the switched-from patch getting completely cut off.  I can do this on my old K2000 and my Nord Electro 6D.  It would be really useful for me when playing live.
When all else fails, follow the directions.

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 06:25:58 AM »
My suggestions revolve around making the PX into a proper sampler—I've coincidentally just dropped 8DIO a line about the sampling app and they asked for suggestions so I sent:

What would be useful is

The ability to easily add velocity layers
The import of files of different sample rates, bit depths and file types (AIFF, for example). Conversion often destroys metadata.
Proper audio and MIDI support
Some basic processing (normalize, levels) of the imported samples.
The option to transfer from computer to Prophet X via a USB cable rather than dongle
The ability to organise instruments on the PX from the computer
The ability to delete individual instruments on the PX

Stephen