PXToolkit Beta Available Now!

Re: PXToolkit Beta Available Now!
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:04 AM »
Ah yes, in the rush to get the build out before catching a morning flight I wound up taking one shortcut.  Everything had already been staged to update the site with a post-beta 1.0 when I return, so I didn’t have time to get the minor version bump reflected on the web site.

Thanks to Armen for inspiring this latest change.  PXToolkit should now accept any sample rate, not just 44.1 and 48kHz, but the Prophet X’s native 48kHz is still the ideal.

Get any last-minute but reports in now, folks!  I’d like to make sure the official release version is in great shape.

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2019, 11:15:17 AM »
Ah yes, in the rush to get the build out before catching a morning flight I wound up taking one shortcut.  Everything had already been staged to update the site with a post-beta 1.0 when I return, so I didn’t have time to get the minor version bump reflected on the web site.

Thanks to Armen for inspiring this latest change.  PXToolkit should now accept any sample rate, not just 44.1 and 48kHz, but the Prophet X’s native 48kHz is still the ideal.

Get any last-minute but reports in now, folks!  I’d like to make sure the official release version is in great shape.

You're welcome! So it sounds like bit rates other than 16-bit will work too?

Bug report: 
I'm on Mac OS 10.13.6. 

After launching PX Toolkit and loading a .pxinstrument file, upon opening a second .pxinstrument file, no audio is heard and the piano keys of the GUI on the 2nd file do not show that they are being triggered (they don't turn blue). Highlighting the 1st file window, then going back to the 2nd file window fixes this. However, if I have closed the first file, THEN load another file, this issue occurs.  At that point, relaunching PX Toolkit is necessary.  So as long as that first loaded .pxinstrument file stays open, you can load multiple .pxinstrument but need to highlight (touch one of the other windows with your mouse) another PX Toolkit open file window to hear audio.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:17:40 AM by armenjc »
When all else fails, follow the directions.

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2019, 11:34:55 AM »
So it sounds like bit rates other than 16-bit will work too?

I’m afraid not.  The particular white lie I’m using to trick the Prophet X plays into its inherent pitch shifting abilities.  Changing bit depth is a different story altogether.  Not all that tricky, really, but I’d want to research dithering options and it all starts to sound more like a sample editing utility.

Bug report

Something to look into when I’m back to the studio.  I suspect I know what’s happening but it’ll take a little research to be certain.  Switching to another app and back should also solve the problem, as PXToolkit releases its hold on MIDI resources when switching to other apps.

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2019, 10:30:08 PM »
Version 0.9.9 went up tonight with fixes for the MIDI issue ArmenJC reported above, corrected naming for categories 12 and 16, and a few other minor changes documented in the README.  If I don't hear anything further I'll go ahead and bump it to v1.0 this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in to try out the beta release, whether or not you found issues to report.

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2019, 12:59:04 AM »
Version 0.9.9 went up tonight with fixes for the MIDI issue ArmenJC reported above, corrected naming for categories 12 and 16, and a few other minor changes documented in the README.  If I don't hear anything further I'll go ahead and bump it to v1.0 this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who jumped in to try out the beta release, whether or not you found issues to report.

Thanks again for your work !
PT10/12HD, Logic X, Digital Performer, Vienna Ensemble Pro
cMP 5,1 Catalina; MacBook Pro

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
Thanks to all you of who tried the beta releases out, and especially to everyone who reported bugs or otherwise offered suggestions for improvement.  I've started a new thread celebrating the arrival of version 1.0.0 that will take over where this thread left off.  Hopefully those reluctant to install something pre-release will feel comfortable joining in.

Happy music making, everyone.