playlist recording

playlist recording
« on: April 09, 2019, 04:23:33 AM »
I just bought a Tempest, and it sounds great. Although, one of the most interesting features for me seems to be switching the beats to realtime, even during a running beat. Unfortunately the playlist always crashes in realtime recording. does anyone know a way to record playlists in the DAW via programmchanges or similar? Or to record such a playlist live in any other form and be able to edit it later?

Re: playlist recording
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:20:34 AM »
solved. didnt checked that i can trigger the beats with ext. midi notes during the beats.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 06:50:37 AM »
Unfortunately that’s a legacy crashing bug you’re talking about and can’t be fixed cause Sequential stopped  Tempest’s  OS development..
Glad you’ve sorted this out though ;)

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2019, 02:01:24 AM »
So is this true for everybody with an updated Tempest? That recording into a playlist will crash every time? I guess I will have to try and see for myself. Or get a sequencer sequencer.

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2021, 03:32:54 PM »
solved. didnt checked that i can trigger the beats with ext. midi notes during the beats.

Oh nooooo. I just stumbled upon this bug... what a disappointment. Wanted to record into the playlist but I understand thats not possible at all.

Has anybody found a workaround?

The only thing I can do is use a midi sequencer to trigger the different beats but that’s not what I wanted.

Also using the filter or enveloppes during sequenced beats is not usable because the parameters are resetting every time the beat restarts... any tips to solve this?
thanks!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 12:31:39 AM »
Oh nooooo. I just stumbled upon this bug... what a disappointment. Wanted to record into the playlist but I understand thats not possible at all.

Has anybody found a workaround?

The only thing I can do is use a midi sequencer to trigger the different beats but that’s not what I wanted.

No workaround I’m afraid..

Also using the filter or enveloppes during sequenced beats is not usable because the parameters are resetting every time the beat restarts... any tips to solve this?
thanks!
Just hold mod paths button when switching Beats..
This and many other great tips can be found to this thread and i strongly recommend you to read it:
https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,78.0.html
« Last Edit: March 07, 2021, 12:33:33 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »