Suggestion - When Saving New Sound, Display Name of One to be Overwritten

Unless I'm (as usual) missing something, when I've edited a sound and wish to save it to a new location, I
•press Save (then  can use Soft Knobs 1 & 2 to choose a new Location to save to, so I don't lose my original)
•• but although the display updates to:
   "Writing to Bank Y  Program yy"....
••• the Name of the soon-to-be-overwritten Program is not displayed.
•••• so until we have a way to Print out a list of our U-Programs (Soundtower *can do this*) I think it would be helpful to see the name of the Program we're about to overwrite, displayed before we hit Save the 2nd time to store our edit in this new location.
  --thanks as always, for this captivating synthesizer.--

*@!@ If you have Sountower's Prophet X Editor, here's how to print out a list of Banks:
1. Go to the Editor/Librarian (Command-L)
2. File/Program Bank Names
3. Click U1 (for example) button
4. Select All
5. Click "Copy to Clipboard" button
6. Create a Text document in your word processor program. Create a Table with 4 columns.
7. Paste the Bank's Program names in - they line up nicely, and include their Program Number numbers.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 10:55:18 AM by tommym »
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

LoboLives

Unless I'm (as usual) missing something, when I've edited a sound and wish to save it to a new location, I
•press Save (then  can use Soft Knobs 1 & 2 to choose a new Location to save to, so I don't lose my original)
•••• so until we have a way to Print out a list of our U-Programs (Soundtower won't either) it would be really helpful to see the name of the Program we're about to overwrite, displayed before we hit Save the 2nd time to store our edit in this new location.

While a name would be helpful. I do believe this is what the Compare button does. It allows you to preview the sound you are about to overwrite.

blewis

FWIW, I’ve filed a similar ticket with support. Basically “what am I getting ready to overwrite?”

•••• so until we have a way to Print out a list of our U-Programs (Soundtower won't either) it would be really helpful to see the name of the Program we're about to overwrite, displayed before we hit Save the 2nd time to store our edit in this new location.

While a name would be helpful. I do believe this is what the Compare button does. It allows you to preview the sound you are about to overwrite.

Yes, thanks :) and I do use the Compare button. Now that I have printed out a patch list of my user patches with SoundTower, I can further identify what Program I'm about to nuke. With 500 of them, sometimes they sound different to me when I'm in the middle of editing a different one, and what I might have cherished a week ago may sound horrible at that moment. As long as it's not one I've already tweaked, that's cool, because I can reload it from the F-bank corresponding to it. :)  so it's good both ways.
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)