Alternate Tuning / Scales editing improvement

Pym

Alternate Tuning / Scales editing improvement
« on: April 02, 2019, 02:38:07 PM »
After doing some pretty extensive testing of the alternate tunings I noticed that there was a fundamental problem in the way we were calculating the tunings while trying to add editing capabilities to the synth. Specifically, the calculation pushes the note into the alternate tuning table after the mods are calculated, resulting in some unexpected behavior. Although this is clearly an error in implementation, we chose not to roll out a complete fix to production to prevent people who have already grown accustomed to the behavior to have an issue restoring their sounds the way they want. However I thought it was a serious enough issue to warrant a fix.

Please note, the OS is not officially supported and I'm fixing bugs on my own time if any arise. It has already been tested but it is possible some problems will come up. Please back up your work before asking for the OS

Edit: Decided it was just easier to post it here... file is attached

Hold down transpose up and transpose down on the keyboard, or glide/portamento on the module, then hit the arp hold button. That gets you into scale edit mode in the FX section of the keyboard. Hit a key to select a note (or the first encoder) and then use the other 3 encoders to alter tunings for that key. Hit arp hold again to exit scale edit mode and save the scale

Also you can export the currently selected scale over MIDI by holding 'Preset' and hitting button 2

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 10:47:19 AM by Pym »
Sequential

Re: Alternate Tuning / Scales editing improvement
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 04:59:55 PM »
First of all, thank you for taking the time to do this!

I've run into a problem, though, which is that with this OS installed, "Glide" moves by halfsteps instead of smoothly.

Kja

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 03:26:08 PM »
Do we load this like a normal os update? I don't really get what this is? So as it was before if you use custom timings they will be wrong? I'm sorry for sounding like a stupid meat head but if the shoe fits right?

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2019, 07:19:07 AM »
I've run into a problem, though, which is that with this OS installed, "Glide" moves by halfsteps instead of smoothly.

Sounds more like a new feature to me!
Sequential P6; SCI Pro-One; Moog Minimoog Model D

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2021, 05:26:48 PM »
Was this functionality included in 1.6.3, too? It didn't seem to be working on my P6 module, so I tried reinstalling this 9.0.0 OS tonight and it didn't work on that, either, which is weird because I was sure I had tried it before when you first posted this. On the P6 module, are you saying hold "glide" and press "hold" while it's down? Sorry to seem dense but when I do that my display says "Fr", pressing keys doesn't cause any of the displays to update in any way that seems tuning related, and turning the encoders changes the effects.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to select a tuning slot first. I'll try it on the new OS after the new OS is done reinstalling :)
Edit 2: Doesn't seem to be included in 1.6.3. Oh well.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:46:05 PM by wbajzek »

Pym

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 02:19:45 PM »
No it wasn't, I will make a new OS with the new changes in it that has this fix as well as 9.0.1 in a bit

Was this functionality included in 1.6.3, too? It didn't seem to be working on my P6 module, so I tried reinstalling this 9.0.0 OS tonight and it didn't work on that, either, which is weird because I was sure I had tried it before when you first posted this. On the P6 module, are you saying hold "glide" and press "hold" while it's down? Sorry to seem dense but when I do that my display says "Fr", pressing keys doesn't cause any of the displays to update in any way that seems tuning related, and turning the encoders changes the effects.

Edit: I figured it out. You have to select a tuning slot first. I'll try it on the new OS after the new OS is done reinstalling :)
Edit 2: Doesn't seem to be included in 1.6.3. Oh well.
Sequential

-
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2021, 07:11:22 PM »
Not I. But I do not think Ryan is a guy that will push a product he doesnt like. Might be worth a call and see what he says.

There was another thread about this not long ago.

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2022, 08:10:57 AM »
Does 1.7.5 have this ability to make custom scales on the p6?  or just this 9.0.0? 

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2022, 06:47:28 AM »
9.0.0???? Where/what is this?

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2022, 11:29:03 AM »
9.0.0???? Where/what is this?

Keith

check the top post

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2022, 07:16:16 AM »

check the top post

Ah, yes. I have the eyes of an old git, obviously.

Cheers,

Keith
Prophet X, Prophet 6, Nord Electro 5D 73, Korg Wavestate, NDLR, Arturia Matrixbrute, Waldorf Iridium, BARP 2600, Eurorack and altogether too many guitars.

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 08:47:46 AM »
Does 1.7.5 have this ability to make custom scales on the p6?  or just this 9.0.0?
anybody?