Tuning Keeps Dropping By Alnost a Semitone!!!

Tuning Keeps Dropping By Alnost a Semitone!!!
« on: April 01, 2019, 11:50:44 PM »
Hi

I've had my REV 2 for about 5 months now. No issues until tonight. I was trying to record a part and the tuning suddenly seemed out of wack. Played around/used piano to confirm. It starts out right, and then some arbitrary number of seconds later it drops in pitch. I noticed that twiddling the pitch wheel fixes it (until it happens again). Naturally, I went through the Wheel Calibration a couple of times. No effect.

Who do I get to fix this? Does it help that I'm in San Francisco? :)

Please help. I'm really upset about this.

Re: Tuning Keeps Dropping By Alnost a Semitone!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 11:00:16 AM »
Sounds like it could be a dirty/scratchy pitch bend wheel potentiometer.

Try moving the pitch bend wheel fully up and fully down several times (at least 20) and see if that clears the issue. This should "clean" the potentiometer carbon trace/wiper arm oxidization by friction.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 12:30:16 PM »
I had that at one point, i updated to the latest OS and recalibrated the wheels

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »
If the machine is midi connected to Ableton it could be that somehow you recorded a pitch bend and replay it?

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 05:14:32 AM »
You could bring up MIDI Ox and watch MIDI data to see if you ever see Pitch Bend wheel information when you're not touching the wheel. That'll at least explain the behavior.