Patch Button Issues - Button Doesn't Respond

Patch Button Issues - Button Doesn't Respond
« on: March 30, 2019, 08:03:37 PM »
Hi all, new user here at the forums but have had tons of Prophet/DSI gear over the years. I bought a Prophet 6 about six months ago new in Canada, and it's been a joy to play - a real bread and butter VCO poly that gets me to a lot of sonic places.

But my issue is one of my patch buttons (#9) has responsiveness issues. Usually the button responds and allows me to move a patch with a 9 in it, but sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I will have to press it at least 5 - 6 times for it to work. The problem is the issue is so sporadic, there's seemingly no rhyme or reason to when it will work or won't. As such, I'm reticent to bring it back to the shop as there's a high probability it will magically work OK and the shop will think there's no issue to address.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does it need a repair or is there something blindingly obvious I should be aware of?

Otherwise, I'm loving the synth, and all other buttons/knobs function as they should.  ;)

LoboLives

Re: Patch Button Issues - Button Doesn't Respond
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:40:18 PM »
Hi all, new user here at the forums but have had tons of Prophet/DSI gear over the years. I bought a Prophet 6 about six months ago new in Canada, and it's been a joy to play - a real bread and butter VCO poly that gets me to a lot of sonic places.

But my issue is one of my patch buttons (#9) has responsiveness issues. Usually the button responds and allows me to move a patch with a 9 in it, but sometimes it doesn't, and sometimes I will have to press it at least 5 - 6 times for it to work. The problem is the issue is so sporadic, there's seemingly no rhyme or reason to when it will work or won't. As such, I'm reticent to bring it back to the shop as there's a high probability it will magically work OK and the shop will think there's no issue to address.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Does it need a repair or is there something blindingly obvious I should be aware of?

Otherwise, I'm loving the synth, and all other buttons/knobs function as they should.  ;)

Do a few calibrations first. If the problem persists, please contact Sequential’s technical support team. They are easily the best customer service I’ve experienced.