Prophet 08 voices cycling panning?

Prophet 08 voices cycling panning?
« on: February 27, 2016, 09:31:10 AM »
i just got my Prophet 08 module back from repair for a faulty power jack and the input board was unscrewed the whole time during shipment.. worries me that it could have damaged the voice board since it sits right on top of it. 

screwed everything together, plugged it in, everything seems fine except the left output is 3db hotter than the right. not sure if it was this way before and i just never noticed, but i used the balance calibration in the global settings to get the outputs pretty much even (within .1-.5db is about as good as i could get it.)

what i did notice doing this though is that voices 1 and 2 are around 3db louder on the left side than any of the other voices. so after calibration, if i'm just playing one note repeatedly, voices 1 and 2 will sound and appear to be panned to the left, while voices 3-8 are dead center.

if i change the calibration again, then voices 1-2 are center but now voices 3-8 are off.

so my question is: is this normal? if not, is there a way to fix it or calibrate per voice? do you think it's possible the loose input board could have damaged the voice board somehow?

for clarification i am using a single triangle wave, osc 2 turned off, unison mode, 1 voice. i've tried using osc 2 with osc 1 off and it didn't change anything, and going up and down the keyboard doesn't either.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 11:04:09 PM by ganzfeld »

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Prophet 08 voices cycling panning?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 02:23:08 PM »
I would definitely email support over this.  If a poor job was done on a repair and damage was possibly the result, then you shouldn't be wasting your time trying to find a compromised solution here.  Contact DSI.