Newer Patches in the Sound Set for XL -

Newer Patches in the Sound Set for XL -
« on: March 27, 2019, 04:49:53 PM »
Today I got SoundTower's impressive Prophet X Editor/Librarian, and I noticed that there were a few discrepancies between the Factory Bank 1 that it first presented, (which had a 32-voice Rhodes, and a 32-voice Piano in place of F1-2 and F1-26 or 29) and the Factory Bank 1 that, once it grasped that mine was different, it presented. There seemed to be no going back, but I did manage to Copy the 32 Voice Tremelo Rhodes patch and paste it into a Library so I could use it.

I understand that they were no-doubt added to make the most out of the Pianistic keybed of the XL, but wondered whether I want to try to add them to my 61-note X. (2.1.0    2.1.0.0.0    1.0)

T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

LoboLives

Re: Newer Patches in the Sound Set for XL -
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:45:01 PM »
I noticed this as well when I tried it in the store yesterday. Really nice sounds. The pipe organ one needed a bit of work but overall it was good.  I simply just altered the piano, wurli and Rhodes patches to a 32 voice mode patch with some careful modulation to emulate a stereo sound (see the PX manual discussing this in the 16 voice mode).

Re: Newer Patches in the Sound Set for XL -
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 08:51:37 PM »
I noticed this as well when I tried it in the store yesterday. Really nice sounds. The pipe organ one needed a bit of work but overall it was good.  I simply just altered the piano, wurli and Rhodes patches to a 32 voice mode patch with some careful modulation to emulate a stereo sound (see the PX manual discussing this in the 16 voice mode).

Ah, a fellow Adrenalinn and Digital Performer user!
Thanks for steering me towards the discussion of stereo-izing in 16 voice mode. I will reread that.
 After posting my questions, I was able to download the 'new' sounds into a Library in SoundTower, by launching the program on another computer that wasn't connected to the instrument. I haven't loaded them in yet, as I've spent the last day or two putting my 'favorite' 160 Patches into a big Playlist. I'm nuts, I know.
 Now I'm trying to find a SoundTower Editor manual or pdf. Pressing 'Help' never helps me on my Macs, I always end up in 'mac' help and not the app help, and my searches come up blank.

Anyway, thank you for taking the time to answer, I'm reading a lot about your sounds here and on YouTube. :)
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)