Playlists - Does the Prophet X always remember to remember them?

The Manual seems to imply that Playlists are stored in Non-Volatile memory on the instrument. But doesn't say so specifically:
I know there's a dump Playlists command in the Glow Balls menu, but I've never used it. My Playlists used to be retained fine; but (possibly after upgrading to 2.1?) they seemed to revert to the pre-update lists, but again, I'm not 100% sure.
So I'm thinking that the behavior regarding Playlists seems inconsistent.
I just spent the better part of today editing and collecting my favorites, and constructing Playlists on paper.
Then I entered almost 3 full Lists (close to 120 great patches!)
I then noticed that there seemed to be vibrato on all the sounds, though I wasn't connected to another Midi entity, and the mod wheel was down, and the ribbons showed no lights. So I powered down and up again, since the unit had been on all day, and  :o the Playlists were all gone. I had been checking all along to make sure the Programs were getting 'saved' - I'm not sure if this is necessary, because it's undocumented, but I'd hit the soft button under each Patch after I'd entered it with the first two soft knobs, just to 'anchor it in' - which seemed like it may have been necessary, on previous days.
Any one have anything to add to my efforts? What did I do wrong? Thanks!
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)

Re: Playlists - Does the Prophet X always remember to remember them?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 11:05:03 PM »
Playlists are saved when exiting playlist mode.  So if you press the playlist button, make a ton of changes and turn the unit off you'll lose your changes.  Press playlist again to exit and give the system a chance to save before powering off.

Re: Playlists - Does the Prophet X always remember to remember them?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »
Playlists are saved when exiting playlist mode.  So if you press the playlist button, make a ton of changes and turn the unit off you'll lose your changes.  Press playlist again to exit and give the system a chance to save before powering off.

Thanks Lady Gaia! That is what I needed to know and do, and the Playlists are being recalled now.
Much appreciated. :)
T8, Tempest, OB6, Prophet X. 8DIO Prophet 5 add-on, Sample Packs from Lady Gaia (synth waveforms) and Modulatable.com (Moog One.)