Pro 2 - Need help - Benötige Hilfe (wegen Dauerton)

Pro 2 - Need help - Benötige Hilfe (wegen Dauerton)
« on: March 26, 2019, 05:31:17 AM »
Hey all.  :D
I have the following problem with the PRO 2:
One of the 49 keys of the keyboard (13th from left) plays after one press an permanent tone.
Is this a mistake, or can i change it?
Please, help.

Ich habe ein Problem beim Pro2:
Eine der 49 Tasten der Klaviatur (13. von links)spielt einen Dauerton nach einmaligem drücken.
Ist das Gerät defekt oder kann ich das ändern?
Ich bitte um Hilfe.

Beste Grüße
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 06:11:44 AM by Neuling »

Re: Pro 2 - Need help - Benötige Hilfe (wegen Dauerton)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 06:21:26 AM »
Sounds like a sensor fault on that key. Does it do this just when using a Basic Patch?

I’d raise a support ticket.

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 07:28:08 AM »
No. It's the same problem at factory-presets.

(Nein. Das gleiche problem bei den Werk-Presets).

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 12:00:49 PM »
Have you installed the latest firmware and calibrated the wheels? Probably worth a try.

What happens if you press and release the problem key and then rapidly press and release another key? (Try a higher key in low-note priority, a lower key in high-note priority or either a higher or a lower key in last-note priority mode.) Does the problem note come back each time you release the second key or does it stop?

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 10:02:21 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.  :)

I think it's a sensor problem,too.
The device is new. I send it back now.  :(
The thread can be closed.

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 05:51:42 AM »
FYI, I had the same issue some time ago with one key.
Got very good handling by DSI Technical Support even if I'm located in Belgium far from US West coast ;-)
First my Pro2 has been exchanged by the shop and it has been a bit better but got the issue again.
Following DSI Technical support, I opened the Pro2 several times, removed the key with issue, blew some air, massaged the sensor rubber but the issue was coming back each time.
At the end they sent me a replacement keyboard that I replaced myself and since then it is fine.

My message is: contact support and follow their advises/instructions.
It is also very easy to open and replace parts in the Pro2. No rocket science ;-)

Good luck!
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB