Piano sample..make my own?

Piano sample..make my own?
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:00:57 PM »
Hi, I am the happy owner of a Prohpet XL (since today)..Im still learning to know it, but I love it already!

My question is, I have some very good piano samples on my Computer, Vienna Sample Yamaha CFX and others.
Would it be possible to sample the sound from that and make it work on the Prophet XL? :-)

Have a nice day!
Greetings from Denmark

LoboLives

Re: Piano sample..make my own?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »
Hi, I am the happy owner of a Prohpet XL (since today)..Im still learning to know it, but I love it already!

My question is, I have some very good piano samples on my Computer, Vienna Sample Yamaha CFX and others.
Would it be possible to sample the sound from that and make it work on the Prophet XL? :-)

Have a nice day!
Greetings from Denmark

Yes. You will have to multisample the piano for best results and hold each note down for a decent amount of time.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 01:28:13 PM »
Congratulations!  The Prophet X can certainly handle a sophisticated piano sample, but right now the official tools for preparing samples are somewhat limited.  You can’t create something with multiple velocity layers using 8Dio’s current beta utility, but that’s expected to change in time.  The instrument supports complex velocity layers and round-robin sample selection.  We’re just waiting on tools to expose all that goodness.

Right now you can record one sample per key (or every few keys), and import that pretty easily.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 02:36:31 AM »
Okay, so right now its not possible to make different velocities in the sample maker?
I hope it will come soon then.

In theory it should be possible to make a midi-file that can play the pianosample, each key in different velocities, and then export each note as c0-1, c0-2 etc. right? But it depends of course of the Sampling tool being able to import more than one sample per key :-)

Shaw

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 05:06:48 AM »
Okay, so right now its not possible to make different velocities in the sample maker?

In theory it should be possible to make a midi-file that can play the pianosample, each key in different velocities, and then export each note as c0-1, c0-2 etc. right? But it depends of course of the Sampling tool being able to import more than one sample per key :-)
That is correct, but again, we are waiting on the sample import utility from Sequential and 8dio.
And we should also point out that you probably don’t want to be overly critical of Sequential about this —  they have recently taken to censorship of post that dare to point out that their roll-out of the sample import utility has been far less than what was promised and what should be expected of an instrument at this level. Yes, the sample import utility is in the hands of (and the responsibility of), but it is Sequential who made the monumental mistake of releasing a flagship instrument - the completion of which depends on the work product of a third party entity.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »

That is correct, but again, we are waiting on the sample import utility from Sequential and 8dio.
And we should also point out that you probably don’t want to be overly critical of Sequential about this —  they have recently taken to censorship of post that dare to point out that their roll-out of the sample import utility has been far less than what was promised and what should be expected of an instrument at this level. Yes, the sample import utility is in the hands of (and the responsibility of), but it is Sequential who made the monumental mistake of releasing a flagship instrument - the completion of which depends on the work product of a third party entity.

No problem with waiting, its just nice to know that it is a feature that is coming :-)
Then I have time to get used to the keybed on the XL ;-)