Rev2 split mode with midi cntroller?

Rev2 split mode with midi cntroller?
« on: May 28, 2019, 04:48:55 PM »
Hi all, new to the forum and first poet here, I had a quick question regarding the split-mode on the Rev2.  I am looking at buying the Rev2 Module in the next couple weeks, I am currently DAWless and sequencing my rig via a Synthstrom Deluge, Do you know if I can still do the "split keyboard" mode if running the Rev2 with the Deluge to have two totally different sounds sounds running off two different midi channels?   Not sure how I would determine were the split would happen on the touch screen. 

Thoughts?
Surf-

Re: Rev2 split mode with midi cntroller?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 09:35:43 PM »
Yes, I use Split mode with my Rev2 all the time.

You will want to turn on Multimode in the global settings.  The left side Layer A will be the lower channel, then the Layer B right side will be the next consecutive channel.  I use channel 2 and 3.

To determine the split is very easy.  Simply hold the Split button and press the keyboard where you want the split to occur.  Unfortunately this is not saved per program.  If you send a program change to the Rev2 from an external source, it will not remember if that program was in split or layer mode.

The other thing that can get very confusing is the Program #.  For example, if you were on Bank U1 P11, then sent a program change to go to P29, the display will still show P11, but the Rev2 will switch to P29, provided you sent the Program Change on the proper channels.  In other words, the Rev2 display will not always correspond to the actual program #.  This can get very confusing and result in overwriting the wrong program when you make changes then save.

HTH
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 04:49:30 PM »
Hi psionic11,
That helps a ton!  I still am unsure how it would work with the module Rev2 (no keyboard) and the Deluge (no keyboard) since you press the keyboard to assign where to split.   Deluge has a keyboard mode so maybe there???

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 09:45:58 PM »
That's a tricky question.  I'm going to guess that the Rev2 (module or keyboard) listens to the next MIDI note when you press (and hold) the Split button, in order to determine where to set your split point.

This would mean you press (and hold) the Split button on your Rev2 module, then have your Deluge send out a MIDI note # so the Rev2 would then know where to set the split point.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

shiihs

• phasing in and out of reality
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 10:50:30 PM »
Hi psionic11,
That helps a ton!  I still am unsure how it would work with the module Rev2 (no keyboard) and the Deluge (no keyboard) since you press the keyboard to assign where to split.   Deluge has a keyboard mode so maybe there???

You can set up the split point using NRPN midi messages. That would be one way to change it on the desktop versions, but it requires something that can send NRPN midi messages of course.

However, if I understood your original request correctly, you are looking to work in multi mode (where midi channel N addresses layer A and midi channel N+1 addresses layer B). In that case there is no point in setting up a split point. You can send any midi note to any of the two midi channels. Notes arriving in channel N are played by layer A, notes arriving in channel N+1 are played in layer B.
--
gear: prophet rev2 16 voice, kawai NV10, casio wk-7600, Roland Integra-7, supercollider, ardour

links:

https://www.youtube.com/stefaanhimpe
https://soundcloud.com/stefaanhimpe
https://technogems.blogspot.com
https://a-touch-of-music.blogspot.com/

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 08:59:12 AM »

Thanks all-
It sounds like everything should work just fine and I should have no issues.   Mind is offically made up and an order for a new Rev2 is immanent. 

Thanks again,
Surf-