Official Release Announcement!

Official Release Announcement!
« on: March 17, 2019, 11:18:30 AM »
Hey guys and gals,

Just wanted to say that Volume I is officially available. Yipppeee! Got lots more demonstrations up as well. Still not the whole shabang though. What a synth I say. Hearing all the talented people's stuff around here lately made me a little gun shy about this but I think our styles are pretty different. Anyway, I talked to the powers that be, and a hefty discount for the forum is here by granted.

Code: REV2 EUPHORIUM

I guess you don't even have to be a forum member since I typed it and all but I will shut 'er down in a few weeks I guess.

Demos:
https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/the-sequential-prophet-rev2-volume-i-part-1
https://soundcloud.com/robustamerican/the-sequential-prophet-rev2-volume-i-part-2

Updated Patch List:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cL68JcC7L4AUvtv8Tz2A7lZKCCOwrDLT/view?usp=sharing

If anyone has any questions feel free to drop them here. I linger often.

Thanks you guys!

Randy

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:54:12 AM by RobustAmerican »

Re: Official Release Announcement!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 11:26:23 AM »
Some really nice and usable patches in there! I particularly like Translucent and some of the strings. Thank you for the forum discount 👍🏻. What are your plans for Vol.2?

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2019, 07:29:04 AM »
Some really nice and usable patches in there! I particularly like Translucent and some of the strings. Thank you for the forum discount 👍🏻. What are your plans for Vol.2?

Thanks justice86. I was trying to keep the working musician/composer in mind when picking the sounds for the final lineup. Volume II is practically finished already. It will continue with the same theme...A mix of 70s/80s Sci-fi and New Wave along with some more contemporary sounds. You are more than welcome for the discount. This forum has helped me plenty over the years. I was formerly known as "Chimponaut" around these parts. Anyway thanks again!

Randy

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2019, 09:00:22 AM »
Wow, impressive, those sounds seem very useful!

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:26:31 AM »
Really wish I could just edit the first post but oh well...

The demonstrations are complete, except for 5 patches. I was up against the time limit on my SC page. I made some room but still had to cut 5 demos from the 3rd installment. (2 leads, a plucky bell, a very percussive yet simple square wave bass pluck and last but not least, a sound fx based on the "real" danger to the ozone) I should mention that all the demos were performed using just the MW, PB and Aftertouch. Some of the performances were quantized some weren't. No additional controllers were used in Nuendo to create the sounds besides the 3 mentioned above. I often like to have the MW completely transform a sound into something else. So here are the final demos all lined up.

Rev2 Demos Part 1

Rev2 Demos Part 2

Rev2 Demos Part 3

Thanks to Sequential for putting up with this!!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:50:25 AM by RobustAmerican »

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 07:38:38 PM »
I was just informed of a snag with the discount code not working for some people. We have fixed this technical issue and it should be working correctly now. This is our first and only time doing a discount with a code so please bear with us.

Thanks,

Randy

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 05:05:58 AM »
Very nice.  Looking forward to checking them out.
Prophet Rev2, SonicCore Xite-1,CP300,CS5,SK20

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 05:06:48 PM »
Very nice.  Looking forward to checking them out.

Thank You!

I wanted to add a few notes about one of the sounds in this volume.

U1 P13_"The Talent"

This is a synth choir sound that makes heavy use of Envelope 3 to modulate the oscillator slop parameter. This creates a very realistic, "lazy" pitched human sound. I went back and forth forever over how much the osc slop should be modulated by Envelope 3. I even contemplated having 2 versions of the patch in this volume but in the end I went with my gut and left it cranked up. I love the sound when isolated but when trying to use it in a song the Envelope 3 amount will need to be dialed back a little. (Depending on your tolerance for tuning) Somewhere around (50-70) seems to work pretty well within an arrangement while keeping the lazy pitch action happening.

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 12:50:19 PM »
Hey forum members and quests.

I've had a few queries...stuff like "Where's Volume II for the Rev2 buddy?" It's all here for everyone to see in black and orange...I promised it would only take a few short weeks for Volume II to be released. What can I say. Things changed...The OB-6 Bank had to be finished after sitting patiently for months. (Best laid plans and such) The good news is we are just about to release our first offering for the OB-6. Immediately following that, give or take a month, Volume II for the Rev2 will be ready to go. We plan to offer a small gift in the way of an apology for our sudden swing in plans. 15 free patches for the Rev 2, and 10 free patches for the OB-6. These freebies of appeasement will be available some time in the next few days back at the ranch. Will let you know.

Thanks for your patience and understanding in this matter~!!!~

Randy
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 12:53:11 PM by RobustAmerican »