8DIO Samples

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
8DIO Samples
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:55:25 AM »
So, I've been thinking of picking up the Prophet X for Patch making, however having looked at 8DIO's licensing agreement, it seems that I need their permission to use their Samples in a commercial Patch Library, though it's not specific on the Prophet x, does anyone from the team (or other) know more about this?  I could add my own Samples, but as others have mentioned, it's not yet fully featured.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.

Re: 8DIO Samples
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 06:10:32 AM »
Maybe this thread over here helps: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3162.0.html

Generally, I would assume that selling Prophet X patches that make use of the factory samples by 8dio (= those, all the Prophet X owners already share by default) shouldn't be a problem, as those would only be made to be used with one particular instrument: the Prophet X. So they'd never leave the platform they're legally restricted to.

And if you'd program patches that would make use of any add-on sample packs by 8dio, those would only fully work for other users if they purchased exactly the same add-on packs and added them in exactly the same spot as you did.

It would be a completely different matter if you'd design and sell a sample library based on samples from 8dio. In that case you would violate the licensing agreement.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 06:16:31 AM by Paul Dither »

magikroom

• www.geosynths.com
    • GEOSynths
Re: 8DIO Samples
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 08:15:58 AM »
Maybe this thread over here helps: https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,3162.0.html

Generally, I would assume that selling Prophet X patches that make use of the factory samples by 8dio (= those, all the Prophet X owners already share by default) shouldn't be a problem, as those would only be made to be used with one particular instrument: the Prophet X. So they'd never leave the platform they're legally restricted to.

And if you'd program patches that would make use of any add-on sample packs by 8dio, those would only fully work for other users if they purchased exactly the same add-on packs and added them in exactly the same spot as you did.

It would be a completely different matter if you'd design and sell a sample library based on samples from 8dio. In that case you would violate the licensing agreement.

OK, that looks fine, no intention of selling anyone elses work, just patches using existing content plus the 2 Oscillators.  Thanks for that.
GEOSynths - Fresh, new sounds for DSI Prophet REV2 (Vol 1 & 2) - Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB6 (Volume 1 & 2)  Novation PEAK - Behringer DeepMind 12 (Vol 1 & 2) - Korg Prologue - Korg KingKorg - Nord Lead A1 - Roland System 8 & Roland Cloud.