Pro 2 Sequencer MIDI Note Output

Jilsk

Pro 2 Sequencer MIDI Note Output
« on: February 25, 2019, 12:20:48 AM »
Hi Everyone,

First off, I apologize if this topic has been covered, but I couldn't find that much info on the topic.

Can you record notes into the sequencer's track 1 (including velocity, slew, etc,.) and output that through the MIDI output to control external gear? I couldn't find a way to do this without workarounds that make for sub optimal results and I found this omission quite strange, given how intuitive the sequencer is. Is there some plan to address this issue with a firmware update?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

-Cha Boi

Jilsk

Re: Pro 2 Sequencer MIDI Note Output
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
Hello!? Is anybody out there? Am I all alone!?

... Am I the only one left!!??

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2019, 01:57:25 PM »
Jilsk,

My last stab at this was about a year ago, and before the latest OS.  At that time I could not get the sequencer to control other gear by the usual just plug in and hit go method.   But as I recall, there is a work around by assigning the various tracks out.  Sorry, for being vague, but I"m not by instrument now.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:06:17 AM »
You can send MIDI notes from the Pro 2's sequencer via MIDI DIN. Just make sure that MIDI Out is set to MIDI DIN in the Globals. After that, you only have to select the correct destination for the according track, for example "Out1 Ch1."

Jilsk

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 12:01:11 PM »
Thank you, Soundquest and Paul Dither for your responses.

Jilsk,

My last stab at this was about a year ago, and before the latest OS.  At that time I could not get the sequencer to control other gear by the usual just plug in and hit go method.   But as I recall, there is a work around by assigning the various tracks out.  Sorry, for being vague, but I"m not by instrument now.

I have been experimenting with this method. It is a bit cumbersome, but it gets the job done, I guess.

You can send MIDI notes from the Pro 2's sequencer via MIDI DIN. Just make sure that MIDI Out is set to MIDI DIN in the Globals. After that, you only have to select the correct destination for the according track, for example "Out1 Ch1."

Thank you for this tip! I will try this out tonight.

Thanks again, peeps!

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 04:38:00 AM »
Thank you, Soundquest and Paul Dither for your responses.

Jilsk,

I have been experimenting with this method. It is a bit cumbersome, but it gets the job done, I guess.

Thank you for this tip! I will try this out tonight.

Thanks again, peeps!

I'm curious how this worked out. I'm trying to get my pro 2 to send its sequencer midi data over the USB cable so I can use it to sequence VCV rack. This use seems a little tricky

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 10:18:55 AM »
I was just trying to do this yesterday with no success. Was running the Pro 2 USB into an Expert Sleepers FH-1 to control an Intellijel Shapeshifter. Pressing keys on the Pro 2 worked, as well as the arpeggiator. But no dice on the sequencer. Tried every setting in the globals. I thought the latest update made this possible. Maybe it only sends through Midi din cable?