Is it possible to trigger two notes/voices simultaneously?

Is it possible to trigger two notes/voices simultaneously?
« on: February 23, 2019, 01:29:44 PM »
Hi!

I was playing in Cubase and hade my midi in and out to the Prophet 12. I had a patch using 1 voice per note key, but suddenly got I got this redundant note bouncing back through the midi, so when I played one note I got two notes playing (two voices). This was crazy fat, and I wondering if its possible to recreate without this midi loopback?

Using layer does not work because the notes are triggered (1 & 6, 2 & 7 and so on) these notes will both become LEFT or RIGHT (when using pan spread). I want voice 1 to become LEFT and voice 2 RIGHT, the same as when you triggered two notes simultaneously -- thus giving both LEFT and RIGHT and that stereo sound.

We have the UNISON but then its mono. I would really like to have the option for polyphonic and x amount of voices generated for the note -- basically trigger the notes x times simultaneously.

Yes you get the point.

Anyone know if this is possible? Maybe a feature that could be added to an update in the OS?

Shaw

Re: Is it possible to trigger two notes/voices simultaneously?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
Use 2 layers.
In Layer A’s mod matrix, have DC modify Pan at an amount of -127.
In Layer B’s mod matrix, have DC modify Pan at an amount of +127.

I think that will get you where you’re headed.  If you want to replicate the slight delay in the midi loop, try setingt a slightly slower attack on one of the 2 layers.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 02:09:26 PM »
Ok tried this.

I get the stereo, but it really does not sound the same. The decay thing did not really make big difference. Also I cannot use the pan spread when setting it up like this. :/

Use 2 layers.
In Layer A’s mod matrix, have DC modify Pan at an amount of -127.
In Layer B’s mod matrix, have DC modify Pan at an amount of +127.

I think that will get you where you’re headed.  If you want to replicate the slight delay in the midi loop, try setingt a slightly slower attack on one of the 2 layers.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 10:27:08 AM »
You could assign a separate midi channel to each layer, use the DC panning technique, print MIDI then duplicate it, and send it to layer B with a slight delay.
 Haven't tried this, but it should work in theory.
 Cheers!