Tempest Sound Design & Patch Exchange

RobH

Re: Tempest Sound Design & Patch Exchange
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 09:56:12 PM »
Rob, thanks for the reply. The Various Tempest Patches sets are killer. I didn't see the sound design comp banks in there though. Do you know if they were retitled?

I was finally able to load the old DSIforum page and download those banks. Attaching here in case anyone else has issues loading in the future.

:j

as far as i was aware all the patches were brought over although i dont know if they were renamed or whatever yorgoz will be able to tell you. Thanks for the link

RobH

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »
I haven't given the community a patch in a while, this is a fairly simple patch but beutiful all the same, poly patch i posted a 3 note chord example on my soundcloud so you still have another 3 notes to play with to make the chord bigger or whatever put some drums or synth underneath.

In the example i manually change the lfo's to the VCA if you wondering how i'm achieving some of the sound, you'll have to also go in the LFO's and add some amount the VCA at the end of the example i swopped out the pan lfo i have in the patch i'll upload at the bottom to VCA duties as well (i mention this to stop confusion only). Also there is some slight verb on the example but heh its really not even adding much at all tbh.

Drum machine xD

https://soundcloud.com/robert-tree-hardy/pads-of-patch-tempest-001
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:49:20 PM by RobH »

« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2017, 05:00:25 AM »
Hi,
I'm actually searching about good SID patches, is anybody have some ?
Thank you in advance.

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2019, 04:35:16 AM »
So I updated the Tempests OS and everything else using Sysex Librarian but I cannot get any of the files here to upload. The file is sent and the Tempest says receiving but just hangs there even though the file says sent. Tried Electron C6 sysex editor but is the same. Tempest just sits there forever saying receiving.

« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2019, 01:29:31 AM »
So I updated the Tempests OS and everything else using Sysex Librarian but I cannot get any of the files here to upload. The file is sent and the Tempest says receiving but just hangs there even though the file says sent. Tried Electron C6 sysex editor but is the same. Tempest just sits there forever saying receiving.
Advice for other Tempest noobs like me.

Update Tempest OS etc to the latest firmware.
Format the flash drive so it is empty.
Calibrate pads
Calibrate oscillators

You can then start loading in sounds, beats or projects. When I got this Tempest it must have had quite a few owners and was chock full of really terrible beats and sounds and other weirdness.

I am now going through the .syx archive here and really enjoying some of the stuff on there. Just had my mind blown by an TR808 clone. Ironically the last owner sold this to me because he just spent £3000 on an original TR808. : /

DigitalGeek

• Poum Tchak A boum
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2020, 05:17:12 AM »
Hello ,
i bought a tempest recenty and i discover that the best forum for find some patches dsiforum.com is down since a while
i can understand that the admin have decided to close the forum, but it would be nice for the tempest community to have access to all these attached files sys ex , so we can profite of this archives that should be alway available
if someone know the guy and can ask him to export the sys ex file and post it here would be a very great news
thanks you very much

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2020, 10:13:03 AM »
Check the "Various Tempest Patches.zip" at the bottom of the first post every patch from the old forum is inside... ;)
You must be logged in to see it..
Hello ,
i bought a tempest recenty and i discover that the best forum for find some patches dsiforum.com is down since a while
i can understand that the admin have decided to close the forum, but it would be nice for the tempest community to have access to all these attached files sys ex , so we can profite of this archives that should be alway available
if someone know the guy and can ask him to export the sys ex file and post it here would be a very great news
thanks you very much
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 10:15:03 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

DigitalGeek

• Poum Tchak A boum
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2020, 02:21:30 PM »
Check the "Various Tempest Patches.zip" at the bottom of the first post every patch from the old forum is inside... ;)
You must be logged in to see it..
Hello ,
thanks you very much

thanks you very much Yorgos

all the best

« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:04 PM »
Hey all, digging around in the zip file and have discovered some awesome stuff, but one folder by “John The Savage” was particularly interesting. It was a set of beats that all used the same synth, which is a great simple Kraftwerky thing, playing in weird patterns on a single note.

Curious if these beats are supposed to be used some way in particular, like as an old school 16 step sequencer, or what the deal is!

Anyway, have a good one!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:13:05 AM by Yorgos Arabatzis »

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2020, 09:15:34 PM »
^For anyone else who asks this question, the answer is here, along with all the pertinent files:

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php/topic,4201.0.html

Cheers!