Noise in Sequence on Module

Noise in Sequence on Module
« on: February 22, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »
Hi all,

I have a new OB-6 module and one patch I created, which is a modified version of a factory patch, makes this noise on some steps of the sequence, like a low unfiltered bass note comes through for just that step. I exchanged it for a different unit but it still occurs. I spoke with Sequential and sent them the SysEx file and they said that it doesn't occur on their OB-6 keyboard. I was just hoping some other people could try it on theirs and see if the same noise happens or not on this patch when they play the sequence. I've attached the SysEx file as well as an audio example of the issue. It seems to happen on the same steps within every 12 steps of the sequence. The firmware is up to date and I've tried calibration, resetting global parameters etc.

Re: Noise in Sequence on Module
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »
I don't have mine set up to try your sequence at the moment, but it sounds a little like the weird problem I had, though I don't know why it would happen on the second unit you got. (Maybe make sure they actually sent you a different one?)

Try this:

1. Initialize a patch.
2. Set the filter frequency to zero.
3. Set Track to full.
4. Play each note six times, starting with the lowest and working your way up.

If one or more of the six notes of them sounds like the filter is all the way open, it may be the same problem I had. Unfortunately it was a problem on the main board and required replacement. If this is the problem, either try yet again with the place that sold it to you or let Sequential support know this is the problem.

Hopefully I can set it up sometime this weekend and run your file against it.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

Re: Noise in Sequence on Module
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 11:25:45 AM »
I don't have mine set up to try your sequence at the moment, but it sounds a little like the weird problem I had, though I don't know why it would happen on the second unit you got. (Maybe make sure they actually sent you a different one?)

Try this:

1. Initialize a patch.
2. Set the filter frequency to zero.
3. Set Track to full.
4. Play each note six times, starting with the lowest and working your way up.

If one or more of the six notes of them sounds like the filter is all the way open, it may be the same problem I had. Unfortunately it was a problem on the main board and required replacement. If this is the problem, either try yet again with the place that sold it to you or let Sequential support know this is the problem.

Hopefully I can set it up sometime this weekend and run your file against it.

Thanks for the tip. Just tried what you said, yup, some of them come through unfiltered. I know I got a new one because I received it before sending the old one back. Will be contacting Sequential again.