Sound suddenly gone, not able to get it back

Sound suddenly gone, not able to get it back
« on: February 19, 2019, 12:19:12 PM »
Hello, everyone. i just unpacked my new Prophet X and tried a couple of presets when the audio suddenly disappeared from the headphone outs (I don't have access to the rest of my gear, so I can't check if the line outs work or not at the moment).

I've tried restarting, a lot of different patches (including the basic init patch). No midi attached, all global settings still as from factory.

I have already created a support ticket for this, but as I'm very worried right now I thought I'd ask in here in the meantime. In case this is a known issue or someone have a suggestion for something I could try. I have not upgraded the firmware yet.

Is there some kind of factory reset or special boot mode I could try, for instance?

Re: Sound suddenly gone, not able to get it back
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
I’m sure Sequential support will have some ideas for you to try shortly, so that’s almost certainly your best bet.  There is a debug mode but I can’t think of anything there that would likely help.  In the meantime, I’d suggest trying Global option #32 “Reset Globals” in case something there is misbehaving (local control turned off, for example.)  You might also try hitting the Play sequence button on some presets to see if for some reason you can’t trigger notes locally but everything else is functioning.

One way or another, I’m sure they’ll have you up and running shortly.

Re: Sound suddenly gone, not able to get it back
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 01:08:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, support was helpful and quick to respond. Anyway, I’m now certain the unit is faulty and will return it to the store where I bought it. Ah well. Frustrating, but sometimes these things happen...