Scaling MIDI CCs for Fine Tune, Shape Mod, etc.

Scaling MIDI CCs for Fine Tune, Shape Mod, etc.
« on: February 14, 2019, 02:08:50 PM »
Hey All,

I've been using my Rev2 as a controller for may VSTs (Serum, Hive, Matrix-12V). I love it because I have dedicated knobs for OSC, Filters, and Envelopes, regardless of the plug-in UI! It's opened up a whole new world for me (in addition to the amazing sounds of the Rev2, as well).

The issue I'm having is that some of the knobs (fine tune, shape mod) only spit out between 0-100. This means I can't get to the upper levels of any VST parameter I assign to these controllers.

Is there a setting or scaling options I'm missing in the global settings for the Rev2? If not, I can create a Max/Msp patch to parse out and scale the affected control numbers, but I was hoping for a solution inside of the Rev2.

Cheers,
Maltin

Re: Scaling MIDI CCs for Fine Tune, Shape Mod, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:02 PM »
Not positive this is the answer, but do you have the parameters under global set to CC instead of NRPN?

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 06:13:52 PM »
I tried both, but the results are the same basically these knobs give you values of 0-100 instead of 0-127. I wonder if there is a MIDI VST that can scale select midi CC's. I know I can build something in max4Live, but I would like a solution that could be used with Reaper.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »
There is no way to change the parameters ranges... The knobs send out the absolute values that the stored value range is... This is so that knob values and actual stored values will match... The knobs on REV2 are editor knobs, meant to edit the stored parameters, not controller knob as per say... This is why some users also complain about the resolution of some of these parameters.

You could scale the MIDI controller data externally as you say, but if you do this, you would not get greater resolution, and some values would be skipped as you turn the knob, as you litterally would spread 100 values over a 128 range.

As I know off, there is no way to change this behavior.
If you need me, follow the shadows...