Global settings

Global settings
« on: February 14, 2019, 01:10:01 AM »
I ordered a Prophet 6 yesterday and have read a little in the user manual. The manual describes a global button with two leds which correspond to the two rows of global functions listed above the program select buttons. However, when I look at pictures of the Prophet 6 it seems like the global button has only one led and there is only one row of functions labeled. Are some of the global functions removed in the later versions of the synth?

Re: Global settings
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
Must be a weird picture. They definitely have two LEDs side by side on the global button, one red, one green.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 11:39:48 AM »
Here are examples of pictures. The picture with one led on the global button is from the Sequential product page.

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 11:57:49 AM »
That image does not accurately depict the Prophet 6 front panel silk screen.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 12:03:00 PM »
Thank you for your replies and clarification!

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 08:06:43 AM »
Here are examples of pictures. The picture with one led on the global button is from the Sequential product page.

The first image seems to be from a prototype unit. Here's how the Prophet-6 always used to look like ever since it was shipped:

And here's the full picture from which you extracted the program buttons section:

Notice the many differences on the front panel. The labeling and measurements of the single modules differ at times, there are way fewer and differently named global settings and less parameter options (no AMP as mod destination in the LFO section yet, only half the clock divisions).
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:37:15 AM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 07:40:07 AM »

The first image seems to be from a prototype unit. Here's how the Prophet-6 always used to look like ever since it was shipped:
Thank you for the info and picture of the final version! I think it would be a good idea to use a picture of the final version on their products page. However, if I am the only one who was a little confused about this, it is obviously not a big deal  :)