Prophet 08 Voice Problems

Prophet 08 Voice Problems
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:33:38 PM »
Okay, so I was just using my Prophet 08, which has been used very sparingly and still has the plastic covering the ebony keys. Everything was working fine, and then Voice 1 & 3 on Oscillator 2 stopped working. They synth was using Main 2.3 OS and Voice 1.5.

I rebooted the synth, no luck. I attempted to calibrate the synth, and it kept freezing at a point, wouldn't complete the calibration fully. I then attempted to reload the Voice OS 1.5, it will run through complete, but then when I check the version history the synth says Main is 2.3 and Voice is 0.0, and now Voice 1 & 2 are not firing on both Oscillators.

PLEASE HELP!

PS Where can I find previous OS builds?

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Prophet 08 Voice Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 09:30:25 PM »
The latest OS is on the Sequential website under "Support."  Here it is:

https://www.sequential.com/updating-prophet-08-os/

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 09:05:16 AM »
Yeah, I have the latest OS from the site. I was looking for previous builds to see if maybe an older version remedies my problem. Any idea why the Voice is registering as 0.0 on the synth settings after uploading the latest Voice and Main OS Builds? Also any idea why calibration is freezing without completing?

Is there any way to do a major hard reset on the synth?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:47:58 AM »
For a global reset, hold down the Global button and at the same time press the LFO 3 button.

Regarding the older OS's, I looked around but couldn't find them.  Surely you could get one from Sequential.  If the reset doesn't allow you to calibrate correctly, then I'd say contact the company.  Voice problems often come from accidentally using the Output B jacks, but you obviously haven't done that.  Otherwise, you may need to change a board. 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 10:21:26 AM by Sacred Synthesis »