it's possible to use rev2 as a master keyboard

it's possible to use rev2 as a master keyboard
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:24:04 AM »
Hello, is it possible to use the REV2 as a masterkeyboard with cubase?
my MIDI connection to the PC is via USB and when I create the midi tracks I set REV2 as MIDI IN.

thank you

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: it's possible to use rev2 as a master keyboard
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 03:33:15 AM »
Certainly yes... That's what I do, and it's a much better keyboard feel than any MIDI master keyboard controller in my opinion. Just make sure your DAW is set to echo MIDI input, and that your REV2 is set to "Local Off" in the global menu so you do not get double triggering of notes when you play on the REV2  :)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2019, 01:53:12 PM »
hello thank you for your answer, I set Local off on the Rev2 but so they only play the other synths when they are on the midi track of the Rev2 he does not play. I do not find where to set echo midi in cubase, I do not want this to be the problem.  :'(

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 10:34:22 AM »
Certainly yes... That's what I do, and it's a much better keyboard feel than any MIDI master keyboard controller in my opinion. Just make sure your DAW is set to echo MIDI input, and that your REV2 is set to "Local Off" in the global menu so you do not get double triggering of notes when you play on the REV2  :)
hello thank you for your answer, I set Local off on the Rev2 but so they only play the other synths when they are on the midi track of the Rev2 he does not play. I do not find where to set echo midi in cubase, I do not want this to be the problem.  :'(

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 01:56:25 PM »

With Local Off, you break the direct connection between the keys and the actual synthesizer. While this is what you want to do when using the Rev2 as a keyboard controller, it means you must route the MIDI from the tracks of your DAW back out to the Rev2 in order to hear/play it.

I'm not sure the specifics of Cubase, but if you search "Route MIDI to an external synth in cubase" on youtube, I'm sure you will see how it is done.